Lt. Commander
# 1 New Ship Suggestion
07-20-2011, 09:18 PM
I believe that they should make a ship accessible by creating one that has something like this as a description.

Minimum Rank: Vice Admiral
Crew: 1,000
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Device Slots: 4
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Commander Tactical; 1 Lt. Commander Tactical; 1 Commander Engineering; 1 Lt. Commander Engineering; 1 Commander Science; 1 Lt. Commander Science
Console Upgrades: 3 Tactical, 3 Science, 3 Engineering
Base Turn Rate: 8 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.30
Hull Strength: 45,000

Make it worth high C-store Credit or maybe include it as a gift for the Lifetime Subscription or something.
I think it would be a good suggestion.
Post to it and bring up some ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Way far and away beyond overpowered. There's no way something like this would ever be included in any form, and if it was...I shudder to think of the forum and in game outrage over something so extremely unbalancing being in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
I would suggest something more like what we have actualy seen already in canon.
Something like this:

Minimum Rank: Captain
Crew: 800
Weapons: 3 Fore, 3 Aft

Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Commander Universal; 1 Lt. Commander Engineering; 1 Lt. Commander Science; 1 Lieutenant Tactical
The reason I did not seek further balance by including a Lt.Commander Tactiacl is because I have never SEEN a Lt. Comander in the COMMAND/Tactial division, anywhere in canon. (TOS excluded because I never watched much of it, because I hated it)

Console Upgrades: 2 Tactical, 2 Science, 2 Engineering, 1 Universal
Base Turn Rate: 22.5 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: I have no idea what this means >.<
Hull Strength: 30,000

I think this would be a nice, balanced ship that could be played in almost ANY way.
It would be a great ship for people still fairly new to the game that have only made so far up in rank by constantly redoing dailies, exploration missions, and any other mission they've already done, like the people I keep getting stuck on teams with in STF's that don't actually understand strategy, but that's a different story.

It just seems more realistic to me and more rooted in canon.
After all, on the bridge crew on TNG was LC Data (Eng), LC Troi (Sci), Lt Worf (Tac, basically no matter which color he wore), and a Commander could hail from any one of these divisions, like the Captains.

What do you guys think of this idea?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-20-2011, 11:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier_Q
IThe reason I did not seek further balance by including a Lt.Commander Tactiacl is because I have never SEEN a Lt. Comander in the COMMAND/Tactial division, anywhere in canon. (TOS excluded because I never watched much of it, because I hated it)
Worf was promoted to Lt. Cmdr in Generations. Tuvok was promoted to Lt. Cmdr in the latter part of Voyager.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-25-2011, 09:51 PM
I semi agree with Xavier_Q.

Only thing is I would have changed it too this:

Minimum Rank: Captain
Crew: 1,000
Weapons: 4 Fore, 4 Aft
Bridge Officer Stations: 1 Commander Universal; 1 Lt. Commander Tactical; 1 Lt. Commander Engineering; 1 Lt. Commander Science
Console Upgrades: 3 Tactical, 3 Science, 3 Engineering
Base Turn Rate: 8 degrees per second
Impulse Modifier: 0.30
Hull Strength: 45,000

Much more appropriate if you ask me.

Post and share your ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-25-2011, 11:42 PM
For a T6 ship, it might be acceptable. However, any T5 ship has to be balanced with the others in terms of abilities, Boffs, consoles and weapons. I hope that last post is a typo since you have a T4 ship more powerful than any T5 ship.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-26-2011, 02:03 AM
You cannot base ship boff assignments off what you see on the show. The relationship between the two are exactly zero.

The layouts in game are done for gameplay and balance to make for a good game, not to adhere strictly to canon.