Lt. Commander
# 1 TNG Comm Badge
06-16-2011, 01:26 PM
I didn't want to mark this as a bug, because I didn't know that it was a bug or if it had even changed. I have been away from the game for a couple of weeks and thought that maybe my eyes were just playing tricks on me! I noticed when I logged back in today that my TNG comm badge was like three times the size that I rememer it being. It seems like it used to be that size, and then they re-did it to make it smaller. It now clips through the chest of my female boffs, which is not something I remember it doing before. Anyone else notice this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
06-16-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDXMark
I didn't want to mark this as a bug, because I didn't know that it was a bug or if it had even changed. I have been away from the game for a couple of weeks and thought that maybe my eyes were just playing tricks on me! I noticed when I logged back in today that my TNG comm badge was like three times the size that I rememer it being. It seems like it used to be that size, and then they re-did it to make it smaller. It now clips through the chest of my female boffs, which is not something I remember it doing before. Anyone else notice this?
They've been '****y clipping' since they changed it to a flat version sometime back, breast size makes little/no difference.

It's a bug

I'd suggest moving this thread to the 'Art of Star Trek Online' sub forum, the main character artist is pretty active there!
Lt. Commander
# 3
06-16-2011, 05:17 PM
The TNG badges were revamped a few months ago. They shouldn't be any smaller/larger than they were before, they should just look nicer.

If you are having a clipping issue, post a screenshot and I'll take a look at your character and figure it out.
Lt. Commander
# 4
06-16-2011, 05:23 PM
i have this clipping/disappearing issue too with some of my female characters (primarily the female borg boff), though it's with the TNG movie/ds9/voy badge. Same problem? Or separate issue?
Lt. Commander
# 5
06-16-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post
The TNG badges were revamped a few months ago. They shouldn't be any smaller/larger than they were before, they should just look nicer.

If you are having a clipping issue, post a screenshot and I'll take a look at your character and figure it out.
I posted about it back when they were on tribble, but I'll post again here:

http://graptor.net/images/tng_badge_error.jpg
http://graptor.net/images/ds9_badge_error.jpg

Both the TNG and DS9 badges clip if the breast slider is more than about halfway. None of the other badges have this problem, that I've noticed. These badges have been bugged since the update was first put on Tribble. They were reported back then too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
06-16-2011, 05:38 PM
so your saying your Breast to Badge ratio is off??
Have you thought about a "Reduction" instead of blaming the Badge?? lol
Lt. Commander
# 7
06-16-2011, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuatela

Both the TNG and DS9 badges clip if the breast slider is more than about halfway.
Yeah, I don't think the badge is the problem...
Lt. Commander
# 8
06-16-2011, 06:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhighison View Post

Since then the TNG combadge really seems to be bigger in general IMO.

Here the TNG Series Combadge:

and the TNG Movie Badge:

I can't say that the movie badge is too big, but the series badge is defintively bigger than it should be.
I have also the feeling that they seem to adpot to the torso size the character has, but i could be wrong.
Here a reference:
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/File:Je...card,_2370.jpg

Live long and prosper.
Lt. Commander
# 9
06-16-2011, 06:27 PM
slightly off topic, but: is that an efrosian?
Lt. Commander
# 10
06-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr1983 View Post
slightly off topic, but: is that an efrosian?
Yeah i tried it, but i think that the forehead is a bit too much, i think he's a half efrosian.

Live long and prosper.