Lt. Commander
# 1 Damn my B'rel
07-20-2011, 08:44 PM
Well, I don't know where to start, OK, I'll just start at the beginning, it seems fitting. I was making my way through Pi Canis, aiding the KDF's needs, when i stumbled upon a few of my old class mates from my academy days. We shared a bottle or two of blood wine, and sang our war songs late into the night. We were to share the next battles spoils between us. The glory would be shared.

All was good aboard the IKS Moon II, shes a prototype, right out of the shipyards circling Qo'nos. The first of her class, a refit (well i say refit, what I really mean is a complete rework) of the B'rel class Bird of Prey. A handsome ship, one with which we expected to be in many glorious battles.

We were making our way towards the Kern system, we'd had reports of federation interference in the system. Upon approaching the system, we found, just outside it, a rather large federation transport group. Duty demanded that we investigate, and at least try to destroy this shipment, if not steal it.

We dropped out of warp, prepared our weapons. The timing was crucial, we had to get this right, there were many transports and so few Klingon ships. We picked our targets, and got close, bam, we dropped cloaks and hit them with everything we had, we instagibbed 2 transports, and disabled 1 other. There were 3 more left, but, as always, the federation had called in support. We needed to engage the star ships before we could crack open the luscious cargo ships.

I immediately ordered the restoration of our cloak. IKS Dreadfire, however, had other plans. She planted a nice hazard emitters onto the IKS Moon II. This, somehow decloaked us for 15 seconds, I kid you not. It seems like this prototype is not all its cracked up to be.

Anyway, as we were still some distance from our federation enemies, it was all good, our cloak came back online in time to trick the federation fools. We were about to line up for a strike on one of the comet class ships, when the IKS Dreadfire was calling out for assistance. I decided to allow our target some extra time to write to their loved ones and maneuvered the IKS Moon II into a position able to assist the IKS Dreadfire. I warned my bridge officers, they were new after all, about all the cloaking problems my last crew had. I was assured that the new advanced battle cloak on the IKS Moon II could handle the situation.

I ordered our auxiliary power to be transfered to the Dreadfires structural integrity field. This had the undesirable effect of decloaking us for 5 seconds. As you can imagine I was not a happy Captain, there would be some boddies to dispose of, alas the air lock had to wait, there were feds to fry first.

Once our cloak was back online we circled around and lined up on the comet again. We were just about to unload all our weapons onto a single shield facing when, from no where, there was a random beam from a ship carrying fire at will. It hit us a few times, taking our hull down to 60%. The IKS Muz decided to send us a Hazard emitter, this was tragic, as it decloaked us for 15 seconds without shields!

We got targeted by every federation ship, they shot us with multiple beams and finally a barage of quantum torpedoes.

I could see the torpedoes were going to finish us off, so i set the helm for ramming speed to the nearest federation ship. Unfortunately the torpedoes landed before we could ram the comet. Our ship was about to explode, yet somehow we all managed to escape to our pods and make it to safety. We all watched as our ship was destroyed.

The IKS Dreadfire picked us all up and took us back to Qo'nos. I had a few words to say to the ship designer, he was called Fay'th Bourne. I told him the cloak was less than useless and managed to get our ship destroyed.

He had an odd smile, he laughed a little then said "you'll have to deal with it now Klinker!" After which he beamed out. We've not seen him since, but if you do happen to see him, shoot first and ask questions later.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-20-2011, 08:48 PM

Bravo.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-20-2011, 08:51 PM
I thought you guys flew Garumbas? I feel your pain on the B'rel front. And yeah, I'll be shooting first, and maybe asking questions later.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-20-2011, 08:59 PM
Sorry for the late post, you jerks in the IKS Dreadfire forgot my shuttle and we're currently on our way back at impulse speed. We're stealing the internet connection through some hole in the DS9 network on the way by though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-20-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
*Snip*
Freaking hilarious!
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Well Captain I did just get done training and giving written tests to some Jedi In A Galaxy Far Far Away. Are you in need of anymore BoFFs? Did they all make it out of the explosion? I am glad to hear that you have survived. My pencil sniffing...err... I mean "tests" are second to none making anyone that is trained under me an "All-Star". I believe Kharndingo is such a person that was trained under me. Doesn't most of the Empire know of his name?
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-20-2011, 09:47 PM
You know you guys are gonna be in a rough spot if Cryptic ever gives us the ability to jump on eachothers heads.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-21-2011, 12:14 AM
Very nice FurQue. Beautifully written report.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-21-2011, 03:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaZer0 View Post
Well Captain I did just get done training and giving written tests to some Jedi In A Galaxy Far Far Away. Are you in need of anymore BoFFs? Did they all make it out of the explosion? I am glad to hear that you have survived. My pencil sniffing...err... I mean "tests" are second to none making anyone that is trained under me an "All-Star". I believe Kharndingo is such a person that was trained under me. Doesn't most of the Empire know of his name?
For the record, ^^this guy's a taskmaster... There were written tests on everything from Quantum Calculus to the (frankly, quite disturbing) mating habits of the common Goomba... Incidentally, did you know that there are actually three Goomba genders?! (I didn't either!).... Then there was the "training"... *shudders involuntarily*... I shall not say more...

Oh, and I was pulled over by a Sector Space cop in Eta E, apparently, he was running a speed trap, and spotted me dumping redshirts through my impulse exhausts (What? They make me go faster! ), and fined me for littering... 0.o

Naturally, I asked him how he could see through my Freakin' Enhanced Battle Cloak™... He told me that, since dumping the redshirts was 'technically giving my ship a buff (to speed, naturally)' that it triggered the "Enhanced™" portion of the Battle Cloak, and made me visible, to him and the rest of the quadrant... *sigh*
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-21-2011, 03:58 AM
This thread and the responses in it made my day. Thank you.