Lt. Commander
# 111
07-21-2011, 05:30 PM
With the Borg revamping will the player equipment get looked at? Currently there's a ton of Anti-Proton damage shielding stuff in the Task Force area of Gamma Orionis, but Borg do Plasma damage...making these no more useful versus the Borg than most other shields and armors...

Also, will Lifers get a lifer DOFF with launch of the DOFF system?

Will the Holodecks on the Academy grounds ever let us just launch the mission for our Mission Journal from that location? If so can this be ported to my ship's Holodeck?

You also mentioned that a power to travel to allies directly warping to them is in development. How will this differ from the power that is already been available to Referral Program folks, "A special power to instantly travel to your friend (first 30 days)"?
Lt. Commander
# 112
07-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyager235 View Post
when will we be able to explore the rest of the sol system?
Good question and I will like to add 2 of my self for when sol system exploration is possible

1: will we able visit Jupiter station and the Utopia Planetia Fleet Yards?

2: if we can visit them can we also dock with them?
Lt. Commander
# 113 Ship Availability
07-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Question: I understand that ship tiers exist to limit the abilities of the ships, and am fully on board with this, after all a Miranda Class with eight phasers would be ridiculous. But would it be possible to remove bridge office tier limits from the ships, and assign them to the characters rank and class structure?

Example: All Tactical Admirals have a base BO level of 1 Commander Tactical, 1 LC Tactical, 1 Lt Science, and 1 Lt Engineering. Then depending on the ship type grant a bonus slot of tac, sci, or eng; Rank dependent on tier of the ship.

Reason: This would extend the playability of all ships, and allow each player to stick with their favorite chassis. It would be kind of nice to see more than just the same four or five ship types running around Borg Space.
Lt. Commander
# 114 Quick Questions
07-21-2011, 05:35 PM
  • In the previous "ask Cryptic" it was asked and answered that the Wrath of Khan uniforms would have the rank fixed soon. What is the ETA on that and will it include the a fix for the missing belt loop in the back?
  • Will it be possible to have Feds make Distrupter weapons/consoles and Klingon make Phasers via cfrating? As far as I have been able to look, you cannot.
  • Any chance that we could get more bridge packs for the various series? I would love to have the right canon bridge for the ships I am commanding (i.e. Excelsior, Connie refit, NX class)
  • Any more emote options? I noticed there were no eat/drink options for when I was at the 602 at SFA.
  • Pending CBS approval, any chance for other Star Trek actors to be seen and heard? It would be great to have Admiral Chekov or Admiral Riker in the game.
  • Any possiblity of adding a Judge Advocate General mission for diplomacy where you (or an officer under your command) is on trial and you have to prove that you didn't commit the crime? Such as the episode on DS9 "Rules of Engagement" and TOS "Court Martial".
  • Now that we have the Academy, can we have Sisko's as a beam to point? I would love to see it and other iconic places in the future.

Thank you for a promising future.
Lt. Commander
# 115
07-21-2011, 05:41 PM
I love what you did with SFA but now here are my questions

1: will we be someday be able to walk freely trough San Fransisco

2 will there be a day night cycle for all ground based maps and that the cycle follow the local time in which your pc is located
Lt. Commander
# 116
07-21-2011, 05:44 PM
I haven't read all the other posts yet, but...

Can we get an update or some kind of answer regarding the TOS Movie Uniforms (TWoK). WILL we get an insignia update, and WILL we get canon Admiral versions of all the uniforms where such a version is applicable?

I know this can't be that hard to give an answer on, and it can't be too hard to implement. Please do something about this.
Lt. Commander
# 117 Ker'rat space war
07-21-2011, 05:45 PM
When will players who frequent Ker'rat be able to lock onto all the appropriate items. Right now some items cannot be lock onto unless your within 3km instead of the normal under 10. Also when will we stop seeing borg ships in the area melding with other fixed objects making them impossible to target at all even though they can target us.

Thanks

medkit @Jupiter Force
Lt. Commander
# 118
07-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Will it ever be possible for your pet Selat Cubs be upgradeable like the Horta?
Lt. Commander
# 119
07-21-2011, 06:02 PM
will caitians recieve more fur options like patern stripes or leopard spots or somethng
Lt. Commander
# 120
07-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Q: Zoberraz I'd like to ask about what's in store for STO during August. The calendar feels rather bare at present.

Q: Zoberraz what sort of speed, turn and inertia values can we expect from the Odyssey-class? Massive ships tend to have very poor mobility, and I feel this makes them unpleasant to fly; wereas early cruisers are much more fun to handle. Will the Odyssey be more like the Excelsior/KDF battlecruisers, or like the Galaxy-class/KDF Carrier?
Closed Thread