Lt. Commander
# 11
07-21-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
WTH, Cryptic? These should have been added gratis so that ALL players can actually use them at the appropriate time. Duh!

Agreed. Why does practically every single uniform released since launch have to be sold on the C-Store? Can't we get a few for free? The Academy uniforms would fit this perfectly. I don't understand why we can't start out wearing cadet uniforms.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
There is a tailor....
That is not the point. It is a cadet uniform issued to cadets during their time at the academy. You can't go through the academy in civilian clothes simply because you don't have the credits. spluh.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zordar View Post
I'll go in my Admiral uniform. Then all the cadets can salute me.

Besides, I'm not buying a cadet uniform from the C-$tore. For shame, Cryptic. That should have been a freebie.

Z
Agree, I have most of the uniforms from the c-store, but I don't really want to dress my VA's as cadets. I think All new toons should start the game (and tutorial) dressed as a cadet.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-21-2011, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
There is a tailor....
Well, at least there's that.

Still, a gratis uniform or two once in a freaking while would be nice. Really, every single new uniform that has been released has been either C-Store or tied to a Vet Reward. And the Cadet uniform would have been a prime candidate since the new Tutorial is going to take place at the freaking Academy. This should be the default uniform for goodness sake. But no. We're going to have players running around in the Tutorial in regular uniforms at the Academy because they don't want to BUY the freaking uniform. Talk about breaking immersion.

Lt. Commander
# 15
07-21-2011, 05:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
Well, at least there's that.

Still, a gratis uniform or two once in a freaking while would be nice. Really, every single new uniform that has been released has been either C-Store or tied to a Vet Reward. And the Cadet uniform would have been a prime candidate since the new Tutorial is going to take place at the freaking Academy. This should be the default uniform for goodness sake. But no. We're going to have players running around in the Tutorial in regular uniforms at the Academy because they don't want to BUY the freaking uniform. Talk about breaking immersion.

Sad but true. Maybe we´re not gonna play actual cadets even though the tutorial takes place at the academy..the...the Starfleet HQ is there too, hm ? Ah, forget it, there is no solid excuse.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I agree. The cadet uniform should've been free.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-21-2011, 05:39 PM
"Cadet, you are obviously under the mistaken impression that I'm asking a favour. I want a name, and I want it now. And that is an order. Understood, Mister Nog?"
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-21-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm not sure where I sit on this. As a veteran player, I don't need the Cadet Uniforms at all. At this point the set is merely a want that I needn't rush to collect yet. Veteran player's mileage may very.

For the new player who has never dipped a toe into STO before? I dunno. Seems to me the Cadet Uniform would be a NEED and therefore something they should already have by default. I honestly wouldn't care one way or the other if I was grandfathered in and given them for free, too.

We really don't know yet how these new character's will step into the Academy. Perhaps they will all be Acting Ensigns about to take a Cadet Cruise? In which case these characters may already be in the home stretch of their Academy time. And might not wear the Cadet uniform at all. If they really are Cadets in the traditional sense and don't come with the Cadet uniform by default that might not be as nice an introduction to STO. I suppose that is where the VISIT THE C-STORE adverts on the Launcher will affect the new player's entry into STO more than it does me today.

Of course, we don't know if new player's will have opportunity to earn the uniform for free in-game. In which case, it may wise to hold off starting new character's from scratch just yet.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-21-2011, 07:16 PM
I think the cadet uniform should be free (and the default) until the character leaves the tutorial. Then whatever uniform options they chose during character creation would show and they would be unable to use the cadet uniform unless they bought it in the C-$tore.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-21-2011, 08:40 PM
Can we get the color codes for the uniform? I'd like to match the other cadets. Also... it'd be nice if you could give us a color combination for commissioned officers--y'know, something "canon" in STO to match to. Pretty please?