Career Officer
# 1 game client issues
07-01-2014, 10:33 AM
Does anyone else have the same problem with there game client that i have?

I open up my game client and sometimes it will say loading but never move on. Or it will move on to it saying patch but never checking for a patch and never moving to engage.

i have to reload the screen about 4 times before I can get in to the game apart from today where it seems no matter how many I open and close it i can't get in game.
Super Moderator
# 2
07-01-2014, 10:58 AM
Thread move.

Please consider following the "Tips on Writing Bug Reports".
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums -- My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment. If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a "forums and website" support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Link: How to PM - Twitter @STOMod_Bluegeek
Republic Veteran
# 3
07-01-2014, 05:55 PM
I've never really dealt with this before but today I'm having problems with it as I was trying to download the tribble patch and it just froze up on me and since it wont do anything now.
Super Moderator
# 4
07-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Moved to the proper forum as this isn't a gameplay bug, it's a technical problem.

You will need to hit ctrl x to see what it's doing or open up the patcher log files in the application install area.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Republic Veteran
# 5
07-01-2014, 06:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
Moved to the proper forum as this isn't a gameplay bug, it's a technical problem.

You will need to hit ctrl x to see what it's doing or open up the patcher log files in the application install area.
I hit ctrl x and it goes into not responding, I don't know how to do the latter.
Super Moderator
# 6
07-01-2014, 06:26 PM
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155 would be the link to do lag testing.
Volunteer Community Moderator for the Star Trek Online forums
My views may not represent those of Cryptic Studios or Perfect World Entertainment
If you wish to speak to someone on the community team, file a community support ticket here, as we are not able to respond to PMs regarding moderation inquiries.
Republic Veteran
# 7
07-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155 would be the link to do lag testing.
I've tried both and both had great results...highest on the first test was like 53ms

Downloaded and did the second test...lowest in column 1 was 942, column 2 was 31, and column 3 was 991.
Commander
# 8
07-10-2014, 05:52 AM
I've seen this problem as well.
freedom is the right of all sentient beings -optimus prime, transformers 2007 /
Quote:
Looks like Starfleet ships use Windows, sometimes they need a while..
Quote:
Ignore the red light. It's a Cardassian interrogation technique. It's actually green, and there are five of them. Seriously.
Quote:
There are FOUR lights!
Career Officer
# 9
07-10-2014, 06:31 AM
Ive only had this happen when my internet was being ****ty, and BTW that isnt the "game client" that is the launcher, the game client is what pops up when you hit engage.

Have you tried running the launcher as administrator? That helped a TON of issues I was having.

Go To (this is default): C:\programfiles(x86)\cryptic studios and right click on the file with the proper icon (called Star Trek Online) and click run as administrator. This pops up a windows "are you sure you want to let this program make changes to your computer" click yes, and it will run normally. This should fix it.

To make it run as such all the time, right click on it, click properties. Then click the compatibility tab, down at the bottom check run as administrator, then click apply, then ok. You will then need to only launch it normally for it to run as administrator.
Admin of VPvP Channel Fair, Fun, Vanilla PvP

Commander
# 10
07-13-2014, 02:26 AM
doesnt seem to make a difference...
freedom is the right of all sentient beings -optimus prime, transformers 2007 /
Quote:
Looks like Starfleet ships use Windows, sometimes they need a while..
Quote:
Ignore the red light. It's a Cardassian interrogation technique. It's actually green, and there are five of them. Seriously.
Quote:
There are FOUR lights!