Lt. Commander
# 1 Non C-store items
07-21-2011, 10:00 PM
Seriously? Now there are Academy uniforms to BUY? Are the subscribers EVER going to get any new items without having to pay extra? It is getting really old week after week of only seeing items being put in the C-store while the rest of us only get bug fixes and a pittance of gear and missions. grr.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-21-2011, 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metl View Post
Seriously? Now there are Academy uniforms to BUY? Are the subscribers EVER going to get any new items without having to pay extra? It is getting really old week after week of only seeing items being put in the C-store while the rest of us only get bug fixes and a pittance of gear and missions. grr.
Considering what was just given in season 4 (new clothing options, gorn customization etc) for free and what's upcoming for STF's and such, I'd say yes items are going to be going in you don't have to pay for.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-21-2011, 10:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Considering what was just given in season 4 (new clothing options, gorn customization etc) for free and what's upcoming for STF's and such, I'd say yes items are going to be going in you don't have to pay for.
What new clothing options? that was my first stop once logging into S4 and I couldn't find one new thing that I didn't have to buy. All they did was rename what was already there. Instead of "Uniform A" It is now "antares" or whatever the new names are. It is still the same uniform.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-21-2011, 10:30 PM
If you compare your lousy 10-13 bucks for your montly subscription, and the money you pay for 1 ship (1200) credits, lets say thats about the same as your 1 month subscription fee :p

So yeh, your monthly subscription money is worth the same as 1 ship :p

Go and buy the rest at cstore ^^
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
What new clothing options? that was my first stop once logging into S4 and I couldn't find one new thing that I didn't have to buy. All they did was rename what was already there. Instead of "Uniform A" It is now "antares" or whatever the new names are. It is still the same uniform.
Females got some new options if I remember right, the gorn got a lot. The jupiter vet uniforms are free (just have to be subscribed for 400 days), and again there is more on the horizon i'm sure.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-21-2011, 11:20 PM
There nice ammout of non C-Store outfits, plus veteran clothing, i mean everything for 2400's is aviable, everything additional is C-Store, Academy uniforms is kinda 2400's but same time you doesnt play studient, you play Captain :p

It's just ludiculos low ammout of money, i spent like 20k + of Atari points already, kinda bought almost everything for my chars, and i will buy everything i like, and i know it helps game to develop with small player base.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-21-2011, 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
Females got some new options if I remember right, the gorn got a lot. The jupiter vet uniforms are free (just have to be subscribed for 400 days), and again there is more on the horizon i'm sure.
500 days. Apart from that yea. I also belive that the new race-badges are going to be free... (not sure though).
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-22-2011, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarxide
There nice ammout of non C-Store outfits, plus veteran clothing, i mean everything for 2400's is aviable, everything additional is C-Store, Academy uniforms is kinda 2400's but same time you doesnt play studient, you play Captain :p

It's just ludiculos low ammout of money, i spent like 20k + of Atari points already, kinda bought almost everything for my chars, and i will buy everything i like, and i know it helps game to develop with small player base.
20k points? That's roughly $250 at the current point rate, right? (5000 points for $62.50) I'm glad you have enough extra cash for such things. that is 4 complete, brand new games, 12 older titles, or countless amounts of games on Steam when they have a sale. Every one of them a full, complete title. There is not enough stuff in the C-store to justify spending $20 for an expansion, let alone $250 for clothing or a couple of ships. They are raping players wallets. I haven't bought a single thing from the c-store and I won't so long as I still have to pay for a subscription. Why can't they do like turbine and give paying subscribers a small allotment of points every month? Would seem reasonable to me, but since Star Trek is and always will be a cash cow, they know they can leave it like it is and the fan base will eat it up and ask for more.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Quote:
20k points? That's roughly $250 at the current point rate, right? (5000 points for $62.50) I'm glad you have enough extra cash for such things. that is 4 complete, brand new games, 12 older titles, or countless amounts of games on Steam when they have a sale. Every one of them a full, complete title. There is not enough stuff in the C-store to justify spending $20 for an expansion, let alone $250 for clothing or a couple of ships. They are raping players wallets. I haven't bought a single thing from the c-store and I won't so long as I still have to pay for a subscription. Why can't they do like turbine and give paying subscribers a small allotment of points every month? Would seem reasonable to me, but since Star Trek is and always will be a cash cow, they know they can leave it like it is and the fan base will eat it up and ask for more.
You are newly upset by things happening exactly the way they have since launch. With a few small exceptions new uniforms are not free. They have never been free and to expect any of the to be free is a mistake. The company line is if they don't get paid for making them then they just won't make them. You can take what ever issue you like with that statement but I would suggest you get used to this being the way things operate here. It's been a year and a half the store isn't going anywhere.

As for telling other players how they should spend their gaming money that's pretty insulting. What gives you the right to tell someone how to spend their money? I know people with far more expensive hobbies then this game. It doesn't make much sense to me how much one of my friends spends on motorcycles and parts. I figure what ever it takes to keep you out of a clock tower with a sniper rifle, so be it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-22-2011, 09:38 PM
I have been lobbying against the C-store since launch, so I am not "newly upset." I did not make any statement as to what other players should spend their money on, just what I would rather spend $250 on, by comparison for what we are getting out of the c-store. As far as expensive hobbies, again, I am glad there are people out there that can afford that sort of stuff without feeling a dent, I simply stated I cannot.

P.S. Your sig is freakin awesome!