Lt. Commander
Hi i had a long time to play this game and today i realised that my cards are using only at 33 to 40% when i play startrek.Im using the latest drivers as always.Why is this happening?
Lt. Commander
# 2
12-06-2011, 11:56 PM
STO does not support SLI
Lt. Commander
# 3
12-07-2011, 07:11 AM
I season 4 the game was playing a lot better with sli on.Now it plays like crap.
Lt. Commander
# 4
12-07-2011, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meridian113 View Post
STO does not support SLI
Yes, it does, (I was using SLI way back in closed beta - and believe me, you could tell when it was enabled.)

That said, you have to manually create a profile to get it to worrk and set SLI to be active on 'gameclient.exe'.
Lt. Commander
# 5
12-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armsman View Post
Yes, it does, (I was using SLI way back in closed beta - and believe me, you could tell when it was enabled.)

That said, you have to manually create a profile to get it to worrk and set SLI to be active on 'gameclient.exe'.
Yeah f that.I paid lifetime so they can make it sli and not trying to find ways to enable it.I have many things in my mind to search how to enable it plus i dont want any third party programs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
12-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alblaze
Yeah f that.I paid lifetime so they can make it sli and not trying to find ways to enable it.I have many things in my mind to search how to enable it plus i dont want any third party programs.
Unless you consider the Nvidia video driveritself 'third party software', there's no third party software required. Just a few settings changes to the default STO profile (if it still exits in the driver.) The fact is, unless a developer paid NVidia to create a profile - most games that will work with SLI require some tweaking and the funny thing aboiut SLI - in a lot of the canned profiles NVidia provides; they set what they call 'compatability mode' - which in fact turns SLI off.

I've always considered SLI and Crossfire a rip off by Nvidia and ATI in an attempt to just seel more cards. I used it back when it was the 'new' thing; and that's when I foiund that Nvidia at least defauklts to turning it off in most of their inncluded profiles; and you have to go in (usuing their interface provided with the driver) and enable it yourself.