Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Hey guys,

Ok so my problem started on Mon this week when I was playing sto. I was in the Eta sector and then I realised I could not exit the sector/enter systems/transwarp without being disconnected and then getting the message "Couldn't transfer character".

I raised a ticket under stuck, that was then resolved the next morning but still no change. I thought fair enough because it probably was more of a character bug. So I raised a character ticket, that ticket was closed and given the copy/paste welcome to season 4 message you normally get so I went to Atariís support page and they re-opened the ticket for me.

Wed/Thurs passed and still I was having this issue then when the 21st of July patch was released my character could move maps again! Unfortunately this only lasted one session of playing.

So today I logged in, went to travel then got a "Couldn't transfer character" error. On the Brightside at least now I'm trapped on ESD, there are more people to talk to and it's not the worst place to live out the rest of my captainís life.

Anyway in a reply to my ticket I opened on Thursday I was told to delete my character so he could be restored from a earlier copy. I'm really nervous about this. I just want to confirm with everyone else, is this for real? Has this happened to anyone else? Is there a chance I will lose allmy progress?

If anyone has any advice I'd be happy to hear it. I know I could just start another character but to lose 3 months worth of work on getting to VA... I just can't bring myself to do it.

*Edit

Anyway this problem has fixed itself again, I guess its going to be one of those intermittent problems that I will not be able to fix.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-22-2011, 06:48 AM
I know how you feel.

I do not have the same issue as you but my old Gorn is supposed to talk to a character in the warrior hall which has now been removed. I am guessing they will say the only way to move those forward is to delete the char as its a very low rank one, but since I cannot get the old Gorn look back I am likely going to be stuck with a non advancable character as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Seriously? They said delete it? I dunno that would make me very nervous as well, i personally would want confirmation and reassurance before doing that..
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2011, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
I know how you feel.

I do not have the same issue as you but my old Gorn is supposed to talk to a character in the warrior hall which has now been removed. I am guessing they will say the only way to move those forward is to delete the char as its a very low rank one, but since I cannot get the old Gorn look back I am likely going to be stuck with a non advancable character as well.
The Warriors Hall is still there, it is just that it is behind a door that can't be opened until the mission you're doing has been completed. Problem is that you can't complete it unless you can get in to the Warriors Hall.

One of my characters has the same problem and they haven't done a thing to help.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-27-2011, 04:43 PM
I have a friend on my fleet who has been stuck in the Pi Canis sector for 2 weeks. He has not gotten any reply to his tickets and the toon is still stuck there. Same disconnect and can't transfer character msg comes up. The question is, can you recover a toon, or would someone from Cryptic please look into this soon cause he is about ready to quit playing, His tag is @Bandit512