Lt. Commander
# 31
07-23-2011, 04:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow_Splat
Especially if it had a similar turn rate as the carrier.
Which it damn better not have.
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Surely that would be fine. Carriers are overpowered, after all, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Well I would find it hard to believe it would handle much better than a star cruiser. I mean the thing is significantly larger than a galaxy so I don't think we'll be getting anything that turns on a dime.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-23-2011, 04:36 PM
*points the Negh'var*

The most massive non-carrier ship that's playable in the game, with a crew of 2500, a turn rate of 9 and an inertia value of 25.

Its Boff slots?

Cmd Engineering
LtC Engineering
Ens Engineering
Lt Tactical
Lt Science

If you - for example - grab that LtC seat and say, turn it into science, I don't see how that would be all that overpowered. It wouldn't obsolete the Star Cruiser either (the latter would have the LtC engineer slot. Same goers for turning the LtC into tactical (the Excelsior still turns out having a slightly different Boff loadout).

This could be kind of nice for the two other non-engineer profession since having a LtC and a Lt station to their profession would give them the same 'potency' they had back when they had their Commander ship (just when you start accessing the cooler powers in your profession, just not the strongest ones yet).
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-23-2011, 08:47 PM
It has 4 Impulse engines... no reason for it not to turn better then a galaxy class, but less then an excelsior probably.
Anyway, turn rate for a cruiser like this is overrated. with 6-8 beams it doesn't matter from which side the enemy comes. You can even split fire (without FAW) between smaller targets to compensate.
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I find it very hard to give up the double Enginering Team 3 setup. I might try it out. It might depend on other stats. Turn rate is less important for Cruisers, but low maneuverability still makes it hard to keep in range of all allies (and change course towards them if they are not.)

I will certainly try the F out.
Eeeeehhh, I fully specced out for ET III only to find that I got the same amount of healing with HE I, with only minmax speccing. What a slap in the face that was...
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-24-2011, 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timelord_Victorious
It has 4 Impulse engines... no reason for it not to turn better then a galaxy class, but less then an excelsior probably.
Yeah, and Ecorts at the very least should be able to use their cannons properly and not be limited by a crappy z axis which can be abused by your opponents to prevent taking damage.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-24-2011, 08:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
Eeeeehhh, I fully specced out for ET III only to find that I got the same amount of healing with HE I, with only minmax speccing. What a slap in the face that was...
ET can be cycled every 15 seconds though. Hazards unfortunately have a much higher cycle time.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-24-2011, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZATZAi View Post
difference, et will give you a direct heal while he is ticking :p and as prxis said, shorter cds
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-24-2011, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thamupp View Post
difference, et will give you a direct heal while he is ticking :p and as prxis said, shorter cds
In addition to clearing Target Subsystem debuffs... and Viral Matrix, which, for some reason, I'm seeing a LOT more of lately. And as a Sci without EngTeam, it hurts
Closed Thread