Lt. Commander
Hi guys and gals:

Here is another idea I had.

Should the STO Foundry become it own UGCMMO ??
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-23-2011, 10:01 AM
Pretty sure this question just got asked in another thread and the answer from me is NO since what use is a foundry with no game to play it in?

Also what use is a game with no publisher content at all?
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirlettia
Also what use is a game with no publisher content at all?
Ask the creators of EvE... They should know...

As I understand it EvE is a full sandbox/UGC thing.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-23-2011, 10:42 AM
no it should not.

Considering its built into the game and is reliant on the game world it wont happen either but what would be the point and why would you want it that way?

as it stands you can play cryptic missions or ugc. how would splitting it help at all?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-23-2011, 12:45 PM
The authors would provide the content.

But their adding Foundry content as the daily section that recently got added. To get more hype for foundry mission. When the foundry was up and running.

I wish I could close that section in my mission journey once and for all
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-23-2011, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPHAOMEGA1500
Hi guys and gals:

Here is another idea I had.

Should the STO Foundry become it own UGCMMO ??
Um, it is. The Cryptic Foundry is going to be the centerpiece and main content source for their upcomung MMOG - NeverWinter (link)

This is what the Foundry was really being developed for. That said, because all current Cryptic MMOs use the same engine, it can be adapted to fit sould a Cryptic MMO Dev team want to link the assests (an DSThal and his STO team did.)
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-25-2011, 12:54 AM
I think the foundry should be for free, so if you dont have subscription you can still log on and use the foundry to create missions
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Asking this question again doesn't change the fact that if you don't want to play UGC missions you don't have to. I think there are some missions that are on par with the feature episodes and for that its worth trying the large amount of rubbish [read: Sturgeon's Law].
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-25-2011, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris8016 View Post
Asking this question again doesn't change the fact that if you don't want to play UGC missions you don't have to. I think there are some missions that are on par with the feature episodes and for that its worth trying the large amount of rubbish [read: Sturgeon's Law].
Well said Chris, UGC is optional, and although I am an author, trying to break the Foundry out as another
MMO would be an epic fail and as such, will never happen. The missions we create are for the enjoyment of players, not to get an entirely new game seperated from the STO universe, but to hopefully interject the roleplay element and be a part of it.

Duke-of-Rock
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-25-2011, 05:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vchemist View Post
I think the foundry should be for free, so if you dont have subscription you can still log on and use the foundry to create missions
Um.. So your saying you want it for free and to not pay for future development of that same tool?

illogical..

- X -