Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Borg Diamond feedback
07-22-2011, 02:43 PM
I was on the foundry and noticed the Borg Diamond was there (love it when these ships slip though) :-)



The ship looks really great, but there any chance a slight blue glow could be added to the core instead of the green glow it currently has? In the show the middle bit had a blueish hue to it:-



Other than that, it looks fantastic, looking forward to seeing it with the new Borg texture :-D
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-23-2011, 12:56 AM
hmm me thinks that may have leaked too early.


looks ok, could do with being a bit darker. i know logan is going over the ships so im not sue if this will get another pass or not.

edit - had a quick look and it does look quite nice. i think its still using the old borg skin so i suspect the final version will look different, but i think the glow of the green could look better and more glowy if possible.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-23-2011, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
hmm me thinks that may have leaked too early.


looks ok, could do with being a bit darker. i know logan is going over the ships so im not sue if this will get another pass or not.

edit - had a quick look and it does look quite nice. i think its still using the old borg skin so i suspect the final version will look different, but i think the glow of the green could look better and more glowy if possible.
It is the old texture, this was put in the game ebfore Logan made the new Borg texture, I made this thread because Logan is most likely going to have to make another pass of this ship to fix the textures, so hopefully he can tweak the blue glow in whilst hes working on it (to save time and resources of having to go back multiple times)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-23-2011, 03:39 AM
For the first time, I actually think that a professionally made Cryptic ship, looks better than a BC mod.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com...s/File/19206/2

Nice work
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-25-2011, 02:59 AM
I think the Borg Diamond should be added as an NPC ship. It can serve in the role of science ship for the collective. It would add more variety since the Sphere serves as a crusier, and the probe serves as a frigate. I would also like to see the borg probe/coffin ship also from "Dark Froniter" (VOY) added. That ship could serve in the light/medium escort role.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-25-2011, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
I think the Borg Diamond should be added as an NPC ship. It can serve in the role of science ship for the collective. It would add more variety since the Sphere serves as a crusier, and the probe serves as a frigate. I would also like to see the borg probe/coffin ship also from "Dark Froniter" (VOY) added. That ship could serve in the light/medium escort role.
The screenshot is from the foundry, so the Diamond 'is' an NPC ship. Also, the Borg Probe (coffin) is been added to the game also in the very near future. :-)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-25-2011, 05:42 AM
It certainly looks unfinished, can't see any normal maps or specular highlights at all there.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-25-2011, 06:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
It certainly looks unfinished, can't see any normal maps or specular highlights at all there.
Well it wasn't meant to be on there so I could imagine it will be refined more (Logan said it will be getting the new Borg textures added to it), plus I didn't have my graphics settings very high when I took the screenshot which would of had an impact on the way it looks as well :-)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-25-2011, 09:19 AM
uhmm if you added that to a final spcae battle in infected i would not complain its an awesome looking ship
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:43 PM.