Lt. Commander
# 1 Targetting issues
07-28-2011, 08:06 AM
Hey all,

I seem to have developed a weird problem lol. I can no longer stay on target for an enemy as it continuing switches target when using an ability. There is ways to obviously get around this, but don't suppose Cryptic has responded to the issue of this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2011, 09:31 AM
IF you notice a green glow on your ship, it's scramble sensors.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2011, 09:49 AM
I have an issue like this on ground once and again while using some ground skills. Is your issue in space or on the ground.

OK now that I have satisfied the stay on topic requirement.

WHAT is up with all the GOOMBAS!?! First a handful then it seems like everyone in the PvP community but clueless old Pi is sportin goombah avatars. I even saw a toon named Goombah on Drozana station this last Sunday. Now even Kilawpilath has switched from his John C. McGinley, (great actor by the way), lookin avatar to a really angry looking fanged, zombie Goombah. What is going on? Do I have to make a thread to satisfy my curiosity? By the way I already miss Dr. Cox in space Kilaw.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2011, 10:35 AM
I was just doing PvP about two minutes even 1 v 1 against a raptor I had no green glow and could not stay on target, it was jumping back and forth or just leaving the current target constantly. I didn't even have to click an ability. And I know it wasn't scramble being I use science team a lot and I wasn't glowing green.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2011, 10:40 AM
I also seem to be having this problem in space pvp as of todays update
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
I have an issue like this on ground once and again while using some ground skills. Is your issue in space or on the ground.

OK now that I have satisfied the stay on topic requirement.

WHAT is up with all the GOOMBAS!?! First a handful then it seems like everyone in the PvP community but clueless old Pi is sportin goombah avatars. I even saw a toon named Goombah on Drozana station this last Sunday. Now even Kilawpilath has switched from his John C. McGinley, (great actor by the way), lookin avatar to a really angry looking fanged, zombie Goombah. What is going on? Do I have to make a thread to satisfy my curiosity? By the way I already miss Dr. Cox in space Kilaw.
My Original Avatar was Q when he had a Mustache and was fighting with Sisko. I changed that to No Avatar.. So I believe you have me confused with some one else concerning Avatars.

As far as the Goomba revolution... Eh.. when he rome I suppose.. :p
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-28-2011, 12:03 PM
make sure you didnt mess with your auto targeting options in the control menu
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-28-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
My Original Avatar was Q when he had a Mustache and was fighting with Sisko. I changed that to No Avatar.. So I believe you have me confused with some one else concerning Avatars.

As far as the Goomba revolution... Eh.. when he rome I suppose.. :p
Meh my eyes can be easy to deceive, why I said looked like in my post, (I see a touch of a resemblance around the eyes, or it could be that mustachioed men all look the same to me), but I know you on these here forums. Missed that episode of DS9, (I was boycotting DS9 on account of Bab5). You have given me too much good advice, both directly and indirectly, for me to be that kind of ingrate.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-28-2011, 01:47 PM
In space, I keep loosing target lock on my primary target whenever I activate an ability. The ability will still fire correctly but then I need to reacquire the lock on the target. And I know its not SS because no npc ship uses it.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by piwright42 View Post
Meh my eyes can be easy to deceive, why I said looked like in my post, (I see a touch of a resemblance around the eyes, or it could be that mustachioed men all look the same to me), but I know you on these here forums. Missed that episode of DS9, (I was boycotting DS9 on account of Bab5). You have given me too much good advice, both directly and indirectly, for me to be that kind of ingrate.
I appricate the compliment. And I recommend watching THAT eposide of DS9.. It's one of my favorite eposides because it guest stars John Delancy aka the original Q.