Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
07-25-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm starting to wonder if we should have a Post in the Builds and powers section where people post the main focus of a build and then the Big Red and Husanak can rampage in there and show each person what weapons would work well with those builds..

Then again I am lazy.. And I am one of those Non-math peoplez... soo.... yeah...
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-25-2011, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
;-) I am working on a write-up about weapon modifiers, but it's looking like tonight is going to be busy, so, I may have to hold off on finishing it until later in the week, and I plan to touch on a whole range of things, including what modifiers can be most useful for various types of builds and even more generally, by class. Hopefully, I'll touch on some thoughts that will help.

-Big Red Goomba
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I'm starting to wonder if we should have a Post in the Builds and powers section where people post the main focus of a build and then the Big Red and Husanak can rampage in there and show each person what weapons would work well with those builds..

Then again I am lazy.. And I am one of those Non-math peoplez... soo.... yeah...
Ahem... Uhm... sounds good... lol
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-25-2011, 10:49 PM
I use Ap on my defiant & raptor, and use Mk X items because they have the best modifiers in my opinion (I like going for lots of crtd's & crth's). I can't speak higher of having weapons with [crtd]x2[crth] or [acc][crtd][crth]. I have the former for my quantum torpedo launcher as well, and I get great crits from that from just THY1. Hell, that same modifier helps me regularly get BO3 crits in the 30K-40K range. I haven't been keeping track of that last stat lately though. I need to start keeping an auto-combat log so that I can keep track of my highs. I would have thought I would have found someone not buffed up enough yet for me to hit a BO3 for over 50K....

...Regardless, high crits, especially from just cannons, can often be the deciding factor in getting your opponent to die before he kills you. So, that's why I value stacking the crtd & crth modifiers, which is greatly suited for AP weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-26-2011, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsquaredncnp
OK. When looking at the stats. Let's say I have a AP Phaser array that is 60% crit dmg bonus vs one that is 2% crit 20% severity 10% accuracy. Dummy it down for me please. Does 60% crit dmg only apply to THAT one phaser array whereas the ACC array will eventually add to YOUR overall crit dmg once you compensate for target's defense rating?

I am trying to spec my Excelsior (or MVAM, might go back to it), but I find I need all the dmg modifier abilities rather than debuffing abilities. For example, I need to take Sci Team, HE and TSS III instead of Tractor Beam, Gravity well, etc., because I die TOO quickly.
Weapon modifiers apply to their own weapon only.

If you have one weapon that's [Acc] x2 and one that's [CrtH] x2, the Acc one will only recieve the Accuracy bonus and the CrtH one will only receive the Crit Chance bonus. They don't propagate amongst one another. However, any buffs/Captain traits that you have (Attack Patterns, Accurate, etc) will apply to all of your weapons.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-26-2011, 10:11 AM
Ok thanks. I figured that was the case.

I just want to make things go boom in PVP so I am trying to gather all the info I have, but it's tough when I look at my combat log and people are hitting me for 5k DHC hits and mine aren't coming anywhere near that.
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-26-2011, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Ok thanks. I figured that was the case.

I just want to make things go boom in PVP so I am trying to gather all the info I have, but it's tough when I look at my combat log and people are hitting me for 5k DHC hits and mine aren't coming anywhere near that.
Full power to weapons at all times.
4 Weapon type units in your tac slots. (4 Pre fire chambers are fine if all you run is cannons)

Use these in combo or spread them out if you don't need max burst

Tac (Easiest Class to Rack Dmg with of course)
- Alpha
- Go Down Fighting
- Fire on My Mark
- Attack Pattern Omega
- Attack Pattern Beta
- RAPID FIRE
- Tractor if your good at speed tanking

Sci (Won't be as bursty as the tac... but with SNB and a good sensor scan can kill faster, mostly)
- Sensor Scan (Do as much as possible to max your stats for it)
- SNB (use it to remove buffs)
- Attack Pattern Omega
- Attack Pattern Beta
- RAPID FIRE
- Sci ships can spare the ensign sci slot for a tractor beam DO IT, sensor scan tractor, kill.

Eng (lowest dmg of the 3... extra class tank means you can spare a few less heal boff skills)
- Nadion Use it when you have a Rapid fire cannons going
- EPS see above (EPS and Nadion are awsome skills for dmg but have longer cool downs)
- Attack Pattern Omega
- Attack Pattern Beta
- RAPID FIRE
- Tractor beam FOR SURE engi can spare the slot
- Aux to Damp (its not a dmg skill, but the engi can for sure afford the slot and when you hit aux to damp with eps going you will ZOOOOM faster then anyone else by far, use that to kill them)

Stack those skills and your cannons will easily be hitting 5-15k crits.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Just a reminder that boff-based attack patterns don't stack...so you may want to spread out you AP omegas, betas and deltas.
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-26-2011, 02:02 PM
I'll have to watch, but I have my "Alpha Strike" much in the same way as most Tacs do, but I don't seem to have the same punch. I'll test it out some tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-26-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
I'll have to watch, but I have my "Alpha Strike" much in the same way as most Tacs do, but I don't seem to have the same punch. I'll test it out some tonight.
Can you describe your Alpha? What abilities do you use, and how do you go about your first strike?

Also, one of the most important things to look for when Alpha'ing is what buffs your opponent has running. ES 3? Forget it, find another. RSP? Wait for it to run down. etc, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-26-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Full power to weapons at all times.
4 Weapon type units in your tac slots. (4 Pre fire chambers are fine if all you run is cannons)

Use these in combo or spread them out if you don't need max burst

Tac (Easiest Class to Rack Dmg with of course)
- Alpha
- Go Down Fighting
- Fire on My Mark
- Attack Pattern Omega
- Attack Pattern Beta
- RAPID FIRE
- Tractor if your good at speed tanking
I think you forgot TF