Lt. Commander
Two related questions:

How do I make an NPC ship navigate from one point on a space map to another?

and

How do I make it warp out of the map?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-24-2011, 10:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgofborg View Post
Two related questions:

How do I make an NPC ship navigate from one point on a space map to another?

and

How do I make it warp out of the map?
First question is pretty much a "no," although you can mess around with wander settings to make the ships move about. You can't really set them to go from point A to point B though.

2nd question is possible with a workaround. I can't remember which one it is, but one of my triggers tutorials shows you how to make an npc ship warp out by replacing an object with an npc. It's part 4 or 5 of Triggers, if I recall.

Anyways, check out the wander tutorial and the triggers one.

http://starbaseugc.com/wiki/index.php/Tutorials
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-02-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
First question is pretty much a "no," although you can mess around with wander settings to make the ships move about. You can't really set them to go from point A to point B though.

2nd question is possible with a workaround. I can't remember which one it is, but one of my triggers tutorials shows you how to make an npc ship warp out by replacing an object with an npc. It's part 4 or 5 of Triggers, if I recall.

Anyways, check out the wander tutorial and the triggers one.

http://starbaseugc.com/wiki/index.php/Tutorials
You could also use triggers to make a non combat NYC ship navigate when you reach trigger a would make ship a disappear and ship b and trigger b ( size of map) trigger b make ship b disappear and ship c and trigger c.... Etc...etc. with each ship being slightly ahead of previous ship, a lot work but would do trick.