Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-24-2011, 08:22 PM
I think you misunderstood. He's agreeing that it's not tactically sound. I think his point was that people who use that "tactic" and then complain about being spawn camped don't actually have a leg to stand on. If you aren't trying to get away from the spawn then you are asking for it.
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-24-2011, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
If you aren't trying to get away from the spawn then you are asking for it.
how dare you come into this thread with your logic and reason /reported
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-24-2011, 09:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo
But what qualifies as a Premade exactly?

People from the same fleet?

People in that same fleet, that have built their ships to work with each other exclusively?

Does an OPVP Pugmade count?

Does a group using Vent count?

There in lays the problem, well one of them. The other is that frankly this game doesn't have the subs to have tiered pvp brackets.
self explanatory
the most obvious being made before the match
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-24-2011, 09:07 PM
If you are the victim of spawn camping in space or ground, your team had no chance anyway.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Quote:
You should be barred from having any impact on anyone else's enjoyment because everyone else's enjoyment is more important than yours.
I see what you did thar
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-24-2011, 09:19 PM
If their not doing anything illegal, hacking or otherwise, there is very little that Cryptic will do. If they what to sit, qued up for 5-10 vs 5-10, let em.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-25-2011, 06:07 AM
Quote:
I think you misunderstood. He's agreeing that it's not tactically sound. I think his point was that people who use that "tactic" and then complain about being spawn camped don't actually have a leg to stand on. If you aren't trying to get away from the spawn then you are asking for it.
You are actually writing this with a straight face? Please, the way ground pvp is right now, all it takes is two or one hit for you to die. Trying to get away from a spawn point is sometimes impossible, since as soon as you try to take a step after your spawn, you are dead.

And let's face it, this is how spawn camping usually begins. The teams spawn - FS vs Pug....the pug goes around the map (don't even pretend that they initially stay around their spawn point), gets shattered once they meet FS. People start respawning by 1s...get shot down as they move around map, until eventually, the pug team was killed to the extend that FS advanced to the point of spawn and it begins.

After that, trying to run away is impossible, since FS covers both sides and people usually die in 1-2 hits when they try to move away.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-25-2011, 07:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
I will give my props that they are good at what they do, but I really wish Cryptic would just give us an option to fight premades or not.
I think this isn't a good idea Azurian. Until I found recently the right fleet with good pvp team, I was 100% pugger. I know that in most cases pugs suks (especially when you must fight versus good fleet like TSI, QEW or annoying like Fistas), but come on - it's always good challenge and great fun. Scores aren't important.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-25-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by startrekfan View Post
Scores aren't important.

What you blasphem. My uber numbers make me l337.

Back to reality yeah numbers are about as useful in this game as numbers are useful in describing the national debt. Looks impressive but the context they were pulled from is a bit murky and you probably need a degree from MIT to understand how the numbers got there, usually.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-25-2011, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelosOne View Post
You are actually writing this with a straight face? Please, the way ground pvp is right now, all it takes is two or one hit for you to die. Trying to get away from a spawn point is sometimes impossible, since as soon as you try to take a step after your spawn, you are dead.

After that, trying to run away is impossible, since FS covers both sides and people usually die in 1-2 hits when they try to move away.
Sorry, but the 1-2 hit thing was going on before <--- crafting can make it so. Crafting can also help your defense against it.
Closed Thread