Lt. Commander
# 11
07-27-2011, 05:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
That could be turned around you know

There are and were a lot of abilities that wasnt "fair" and enjoyable for everyone.. Broken FAW, Multipengs, SS3, Broken CSV3, prenerf PSW/VM/SNB etc etc.

Ive seen more than one person that stated that leaving the match was *so* bad and lame, yet they themselved looks back with fondness to the time they could blow up an entire Fedball in one pass.

Talk about being hypocritical
Pengs make me a sad panther
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-27-2011, 12:43 PM
What ever happened to the credo: "Never give up! Never surrender!" ~ Galaxy Quest

I don't see the point of leaving a match, even if your out numbered. If you que up, unless the map it's self breaks for what ever reason, just stay in the match and play it out.

I don't care if I find my self in a 5v1 Situation, I'll stick it out and try to at least get one kill. And even if I can't, at least I stayed and helped some one else to get either their emblems, or one step closer to getting those emblems. Heck, I was in a Map yesterday, Started basically 4v3, then a fleet mate of mine left the match making it 4v2 and it was against TSI. Did I complain? A little, but I stuck it out. I was even happy and disappointed that I was able to get Era down to 50% Hull before being forced to run. Felt like an accomplishment to me. Would have been nice to have actually killed him.. But I'll take what I can get in a situation like that. :p

Point being, and the short final statement is.. : If your going to Que up, finish the match.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-27-2011, 03:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
That could be turned around you know

There are and were a lot of abilities that wasnt "fair" and enjoyable for everyone.. Broken FAW, Multipengs, SS3, Broken CSV3, prenerf PSW/VM/SNB etc etc.
Oh gawd, the old SNB/VM combo... I'm shocked I stuck with PvP after being hit by that everytime I fought in FvK.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-27-2011, 03:32 PM
Kil!!!! Dude. Did you just quote galaxy quest????....:0 Awesomenesss.!!!

Strike first. Strike hard. No Mercy. Cobra Kai.

Lol. Old movie quotes.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-27-2011, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
Kil!!!! Dude. Did you just quote galaxy quest????....:0 Awesomenesss.!!!

Strike first. Strike hard. No Mercy. Cobra Kai.

Lol. Old movie quotes.
It's still one of the greatest movies out there for a spoof on Star Trek. Just like Space Balls is the best Star Wars Spoof out there.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
It's still one of the greatest movies out there for a spoof on Star Trek. Just like Space Balls is the best Star Wars Spoof out there.
Lol. Yogurt.

Power of the Schwartz! Mel Brooks makes funny movies. Tim Allen was a criminal. Omg I have so many rants on these subjects!!!! But anyway I think we were all talking about.....
Lt. Commander
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beary666 View Post
There are very few occasions when I think I would ever consider logging out of a match. The only instance I can really think of (that wasn't related to RL sneaking up on me with a club) was when the other team remained cloaked for 15 mins without attacking and we got fed up waiting. Luckily, I haven't seen a fleet like that one in a long while.
Yeah, there were a few fleets who did not have the ability to fight past the 19th minute, so they lost all their matches that went longer than that. One can not achieve Victory, the entire point of battle, if they leave the battlesphere in childish tantrums

The idea of quitting an online simulation is indicative of how weak their spirit is, and how easily that spirit is crushed by those with more training and commitment. I can only imagine what they will do if ever asked to truly defend themselves.

Yours in persistent, patient, persevering Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-27-2011, 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Yeah, there were a few fleets who did not have the ability to fight past the 19th minute, so they lost all their matches that went longer than that. One can not achieve Victory, the entire point of battle, if they leave the battlesphere in childish tantrums

The idea of quitting an online simulation is indicative of how weak their spirit is, and how easily that spirit is crushed by those with more training and commitment. I can only imagine what they will do if ever asked to truly defend themselves.

Yours in persistent, patient, persevering Plasma,
Star*Dagger
I'm still pretty new In the pvp community and the forums and such, but it seems to me the stardagger here drops knowledge like everyday. I am a student of battle strategy, a new one at that.

Thanks for speaking up dagger.

Also, stay away from that plasma. It will kill ya.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-28-2011, 06:46 AM
Sounds like the makings of a new fleet. "No retreat, no surrender" KDF fleet. I'm looking for one now anyway. Or how about "Reteat, NO"
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-28-2011, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
What ever happened to the credo: "Never give up! Never surrender!" ~ Galaxy Quest
I prefer;

"Come on you apes, you wanna live forever??!" - Starship Troopers