Lt. Commander
# 21 Nomenclature of Reality
07-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BuccaneerDTB
Sounds like the makings of a new fleet. "No retreat, no surrender" KDF fleet. I'm looking for one now anyway. Or how about "Reteat, NO"
Any group who does anything else is not a Fleet, but a social club.

Yours in No retreat, no surrender Plasma,
Star*Dagger
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-29-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star*Dagger
Yeah, there were a few fleets who did not have the ability to fight past the 19th minute, so they lost all their matches that went longer than that. One can not achieve Victory, the entire point of battle, if they leave the battlesphere in childish tantrums

The idea of quitting an online simulation is indicative of how weak their spirit is, and how easily that spirit is crushed by those with more training and commitment. I can only imagine what they will do if ever asked to truly defend themselves.

Yours in persistent, patient, persevering Plasma,
Star*Dagger
You incorrectly attempt to apply real-life tactics to a video game. In real-life, retreating from the "battlesphere" does in fact mean that you lose, as there are real, tangible losses. In a video game, (especially STO, where there is no incentive to win) the objective is to have fun. One is not going to have fun by waiting 20 minutes for their misguided, egotistical opponents to decloak.

Yours in practical, fun-loving, realistic [who cares],

Iceroid
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-30-2011, 08:48 AM
There are two sides to every story. STO PvP will have issues as long as there are people there just for emblems who dispise PvP and intense competition mixing with those who enjoy PvP and the challenge human players offer. I do not know the answer besides at least trying to tolerate one another.
I thought PvP emblems were added to let PvPers do what they enjoy withoit having to PvE for emblems. Now some PvE players want to chase PvP players out so they can get more emblems. And some PvP teams try to chase emblem farmers out of PvP.

It does seem very selfish to enter PvP with no intention of competing, just to get a few emblems when there are many to be had in PvE. And not everyone appreciates the smack talk of some PvPers. It can be degrading and immature...and fun with friends. Yet insulting to others.
I am not trying to insult either group. But I am a PvPer and do not appreciate people queing up that do not want or like PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-31-2011, 07:08 PM
I don't know about space, but in ground, there's hardly any talk, let alone smack talk. So that's not really an issue.