Lt. Commander
# 1 klingon numbers?
07-29-2011, 12:39 PM
are they enough klingons playing? i really would like to help bolster the numbers by playing one but i just feel they are so dull and tedious to level that it deters me
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2011, 12:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by firebreat101 View Post
are they enough klingons playing? i really would like to help bolster the numbers by playing one but i just feel they are so dull and tedious to level that it deters me
Depends on what you consider enough. Last time there was any discussion, Dstahl mentioned that 18% of the playerbase has played a Klingon. Take that for what you will.

I've seen a lot of new Klingons lately. I've seen some of the older Klingons leave. In general, the Klingon community is welcoming of anyone that wants to try the faction out. Most Klingon players would like to see more.

That said, if you are finding the levelling aspect to tedious and dull, don't torture yourself. Only play in a way that you find fun. It is a game after all.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2011, 12:46 PM
interesting... I do have a 51 science klink but last time i played it (right have VA patch came out) there was no other high level klinks to do anything with in the late game.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2011, 12:53 PM
Quote:
are they enough klingons playing?
Enough for what?
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2011, 01:04 PM
well like i said last time i was on my klingon there was hardly any high level klingons which made any end game pve or pvp pretty dull.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2011, 01:31 PM
PvP queues for klinks at LG level do pop, and while you're waiting for them, it's fun to kill Feds in ker'rat.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
well like i said last time i was on my klingon there was hardly any high level klingons which made any end game pve or pvp pretty dull.
We're all in Ker'rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
PvP queues for klinks at LG level do pop, and while you're waiting for them, it's fun to kill Feds in ker'rat.
Alpha strike
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-31-2011, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
Enough for what?
Enough... to party.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-31-2011, 08:57 AM
I notice lots say they want to try a Klingon, but after they have to repeat the same missions over and over most either go play Fed (if the are really a Trek fan) or go play something else entirely.

But, it's probably not worth it to make more Klingon content because there's only (insert low percentage) of players who want to play Klingon....

See how that works...? It's like they just don't want Klingon players....
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-31-2011, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinosOne
Depends on what you consider enough. Last time there was any discussion, Dstahl mentioned that 18% of the playerbase has played a Klingon. Take that for what you will.
Personally, I kind of find that number (as well as the previous '12% #) a little off. 18% have played is not the same as 'are currently playing as main characters.' I have to have 2 of my nearest dearest friends in the game switch from their Fed toons to get a Ground PvP (FvK, Lt Gen/VA) to pop any given day of the week-or else it just doesn't happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinosOne
I've seen a lot of new Klingons lately. I've seen some of the older Klingons leave. In general, the Klingon community is welcoming of anyone that wants to try the faction out. Most Klingon players would like to see more.
I've seen a lot of new Klinks too-all lower levels. I've seen a LOT of KDF-as-mains-players leave. I myself had to take a 6month hiatus, when I came back, my fleet had left the game there's significantly fewer Lt Gen's than there were 6 months ago. Most? EVERY KDF player would LOVE to see more Klinks. Join the party! we has Orion wemenz

SPOILER ALERT they're all dudes IRL