Lt. Commander
# 11
07-25-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Just be mindful of what you say about Section 31. You never know. >.> ... <.< ...
Hey, I'll talk about Section 31 all I wa..
*phaser blast*
*flump*
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Oh my god.

Yes.

WishStone, I think I may have to profess my love for you. This is a great one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Hey, I'll talk about Section 31 all I wa..
*phaser blast*
*flump*
"It's all for the protection of the Federation."

Okay, my once again lengthy post is up.

To be perfectly honest, I found this one a little difficult and I may rewrite large portions of my entry. It may be because it's 2:40AM and I'm running on a cup of coffee, but I feel like it wasn't as good as it could have been. Nevertheless, I hope you all enjoy it. It's an interesting challenge.

Okay, nevermind that. I'm doing a rewrite.

And after good hour or so, my rewrite is complete. I'm much more satisfied with this one, though I still feel I could've done better.

Please, if you have any feedback, it'd be much appreciated.

(and uh, just so the record shows, I quite enjoyed Franklin Drake is an Idiot )

Okay, total feedback-

Franklin Drake Is An Idiot- Most amusing fictional anecdote I've read in a long time. Not really much to poke at here. It was funny, short and worth the 20 second read.

Shut The Ferengi Up- Besides a few purely structural issues, I found this one to be pretty good. Could use a teeny bit of clarification on the characters, but for the purpose of the story, everything was fine.

Of All Days- As with STFU, I find the same issues. Some of the dialogue for the characters seems a little off, but dialogue is a hard thing to get used to, so it's easily forgiven and it doesn't disturb the flow of the story. Fun read .
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
I made mine about Frinklin Drake because I was the first on the forum to mention the idiocy of his plan in "Night of the Comet" In fact, when I wrote my quick "rant," I had my original thread's title come up as an option (thank you autofill).
Ha,ha, well no offense meant, Bob. Note that I posted a full 12 minutes before you so my comment was not a criticism, just recognition that Franklin Drake in one of the two most universally disliked NPCs in STO IMO (the other being that phony Starfleet Admiral/Undine that shoehorns you into a mission killing a whole base of Romulan doctors and scientists).
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-26-2011, 11:55 AM
I have something of a concept that's running around in my head. All I will say for now is that the character I'm developing for this challenge is based on this guy.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-26-2011, 11:05 PM
I really got into this one. It's told from Soriedem's perspective and it's about Dr. Chep Magosh. Here's a link.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-27-2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by P.R.O.P.H.E.T.
Ha,ha, well no offense meant, Bob. Note that I posted a full 12 minutes before you so my comment was not a criticism, just recognition that Franklin Drake in one of the two most universally disliked NPCs in STO IMO (the other being that phony Starfleet Admiral/Undine that shoehorns you into a mission killing a whole base of Romulan doctors and scientists).
None taken. I just wanted to claim him.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-27-2011, 01:43 PM
mine is up pots 9 and 10 due to the length.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-27-2011, 06:18 PM
*reads gleefully* Oh, the stories this time around are splended. Isn't it fun to put your poor captain into close quarters with someone really annoying? ^^
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-27-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
*reads gleefully* Oh, the stories this time around are splended. Isn't it fun to put your poor captain into close quarters with someone really annoying? ^^
yes, definitely. this was a fun one. In my mind, all of my captains are interconnected. So, it gave me an opportunity to explore how Soriedem and Chep met. It also provides a snap shot of the tumultous journey that Chep had to undertake in order to finally become a Captain.

A few more of Chep's stories will appear as part of Star Trek Reunion.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-27-2011, 07:05 PM
Good idea for the next one: if you have more than one character, how do they know each other?
Closed Thread