Lt. Commander
# 21
07-27-2011, 07:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
*reads gleefully* Oh, the stories this time around are splended. Isn't it fun to put your poor captain into close quarters with someone really annoying? ^^
Glad you likey
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Quote:
*reads gleefully* Oh, the stories this time around are splended. Isn't it fun to put your poor captain into close quarters with someone really annoying? ^^
Yeah, it does seem fun.

If I can get my entry up and running, you'll be in for a real treat, Wishy.

Because they don't get more annoying than this guy.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Mine is up. Great challenge as always. It was hard for me to choose a character to write from, actually.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-28-2011, 12:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Identiaetlos View Post
Mine is up. Great challenge as always. It was hard for me to choose a character to write from, actually.
You know, you MAY write about another captain in another story. ^^ We just made the rule of one captain to make sure that stuff does not cross over too much and gets too confusing.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-29-2011, 12:13 AM
Posted mine up a while ago - written just for jokes. XD
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-30-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
You know, you MAY write about another captain in another story. ^^ We just made the rule of one captain to make sure that stuff does not cross over too much and gets too confusing.
Sweet.

Well, on that note, I posted one having to do with a spat between Captain Jane Nori and Lieutenant General Hara Tal, two of my KDF characters.

Backstory behind these two is that they were both adopted into a Nausicaan household by a well-respected, and now deceased KDF General.

Jane is roguish, and sells arms between different factions. Hara is an upstanding member of the KDF and is committed to the Empire.
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-31-2011, 02:15 PM
its been interesting to see everyone's stories so far, the Literary Challenges, whether hard or easy are something I look forward to, its a good feeling to log in and see a new story up.

On the subject of putting stories up, I can't help but notice WishStone hasn't put up the links for the fifth Literary Challenge yet, is something up or is this how it always happens and I just wasn't paying attention?
Lt. Commander
# 28 & then...
08-03-2011, 04:00 AM
First part is done, heavy on dialogue; a good character piece, this is an excellent prompt!

*Update - Part 2! Oh jeez I'm getting carried away on this one, 2 posts filled up so far! I'm pretty sure it will only take me one more post to wrap this one up, & I know the clock is ticking... it is quite dialogue intensive, & that was not my intention with any of these. I don't normally write in semi-script form like these are & that usually isn't my favorite form to read either, so I understand if it turns several people in the opposite direction; but I am just having too much fun to stop! The dialogue in Trek is an extension of character driven plot devices that revolve around well-established futuristic settings, props, psuedo-science & techno-babble. As such, I think dialogue has always been the centerpiece of Trek, & I can't help but just get caught-up in the characters & the moments & the whole universe we are in & let it take us where it will.

The funnest part for me is often referring to the present as "ancient history." Any one else go with that?

I think it's a fiction everyone wants to experiment with but must approach it very carefully. I'm sure many have forgone the thought of using Q as it's too obvious & there will probably be a later prompt to do with Q, but I couldn't resist so I jumped on it. If there is a Q prompt later I can use this story to set it up so I don't have to have to do too much dialogue or background for that one. In fact as made apparent early in this tale, Q jr. has visited the poor unsuspecting admiral before, & then maybe I can make the next Q story a prequel of sorts. I feel great freedom with these stories, so I can go out of order; after all time is anything but linear to a Q~

*Update: Pt 3 - Ah, that will do nicely for now. I'm running short on time, & I know I could go on all night with several hours to spare, assuming this one wraps up on schedule; but alas, I like where I left it, & I am going to take my writer's prerogative to leave the rest up to your imagination. Worry not, we will find out what happens to Droid, soon my friends, soon.

Live long & prosper.

I missed the awesome MU challenge due to RL delays but it is still in the works. So many ideas it would be tough to sum it all up into a single challenge! I hope to touch base with the mirror universe narrative again, maybe sometime down the line with these. I'll drop it in the latecomers thread as soon as it is ready.

Thanks, that's all for now folks,
-DrD
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Oh, Lordy, I have way too many ideas floating around right now! Trying to get them to land and turn into a solid story is another matter entirely.
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-04-2011, 09:04 AM
*opens up a new window to read the stuff she missed so far*
Pipe down, you kids, mommy is watching her soaps!!
Closed Thread