Lt. Commander
I was looking on Ex Astris Scientia under the DS9 kitbashes, and notice at the bottem was a designe not really used, but still looke interesting. It was the U.S.S. Bradford. It had Miranda/Consitution nacelles directly above the Saucer, and Saturn V rockets on the bottem. I suggest it be made into a new Tier 2 Cruiser.

For the Nacelles, there should be four options: The Miranda/Consitution, the Vesper/Excelsior/Centaur, the Shir'Kar, and the Excallibur/Sovereign nacelles.

For the Saucer, use the Consituion/Miranda, The Vesper/Excelsior/Centaur, the Excalibur, and finally the Shir'Kar saucer.

Below the Saucer, for the cargo pods, there should be four options: round Cylindircal, Rectangular, Hexigonal, and octanginal. It should be customizable for Two three, or Four side by side, and a choice two three or four end to end.

For Stats, I recommend this:
Hull: 17000
Turn Rate: 10-12 degrees per second
Interita: 40-50
Impulse: 0.15

BOFF slots: 1 Lt. Engineer, 1 Ensign Science, 1 Ensign Tactical, and 1 Universal slot.
Consoles: 2 Engineer, 1 Tactical, 1 Science, 3 Device slots

Basically, a player gives up some hull and a device slot in excnage for a slight boost in turn rate and a flexible Universal BOFF slot.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-25-2011, 08:17 AM
How about a link? I keep looking for this ship you are talking about and have yet to find it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-25-2011, 08:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haglahay
How about a link? I keep looking for this ship you are talking about and have yet to find it.
Go here and then to the very bottom:

http://ex-astris-scientia.org/articles/ds9tm.htm

...and then don't look at this thing before lunch or you'll loose youe appetite, and don't look at it after lunch either or you'll feel to urge to return your food to the outside world the wrong way...coming to think of it better don't look at it at all.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-25-2011, 09:10 AM
Wow, this was a joke post, right? That thing doesn't look like anything that should be in the game or any of the TV series or movies.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-25-2011, 09:21 AM
Quote:
Wow, this was a joke post, right? That thing doesn't look like anything that should be in the game or any of the TV series or movies.
She'd make a nice priority freighter, armed with the Miranda's saucer phasers and rather quick at warp...
But I agree as a cruiser this thing would be a joke.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-25-2011, 12:24 PM
yeah this is a cargo ship not a "ship of the line"
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
Wow! That think is TRULY FUGLY!
It's Fuglier than the Yeager
http://img808.imageshack.us/img808/5725/yeagerclass.jpg
At least the Yeager has Canon cred thou.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-25-2011, 08:37 PM
Quote:
NO, I'm dead serious. With the crack team doing graphics ifor this game, bot the Yeager AND the Bradford(all the way at the bottem) can be made into halfway decent ship designs. Did you guys even look at my suggestions to make it stand out from the Connie? I am just suggesting a Tier two ship. It is not like I am asking for it to be and endgame ship on par with a Sovereign or Promethius. AND, if you don't like it, you don't have to fly it!
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-26-2011, 02:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeilCell View Post
NO, I'm dead serious. With the crack team doing graphics ifor this game, bot the Yeager AND the Bradford(all the way at the bottem) can be made into halfway decent ship designs. Did you guys even look at my suggestions to make it stand out from the Connie? I am just suggesting a Tier two ship. It is not like I am asking for it to be and endgame ship on par with a Sovereign or Promethius. AND, if you don't like it, you don't have to fly it!
We have looked at it.
Did you read the notes on it?
The ship you are proposing is a freighter with most of its inside converted into cargo bays.
With those large cargo pods on its underside it would be big and sluggish why would such a thing outturn the Connie?
How would a Miranda variant without the rollbar be able to compete with a Connie combatwise?

And why do you sugest it only to then reject any opinion other than "this is awesome"?
Can't you deal with criticism in a mature way?
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-27-2011, 01:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
We have looked at it.
Did you read the notes on it?
The ship you are proposing is a freighter with most of its inside converted into cargo bays.
With those large cargo pods on its underside it would be big and sluggish why would such a thing outturn the Connie?
How would a Miranda variant without the rollbar be able to compete with a Connie combatwise?

And why do you sugest it only to then reject any opinion other than "this is awesome"?
Can't you deal with criticism in a mature way?
It does not need to be exactly as originally envisioned. "It's crap" and "What the heck are you thinking" is not constructive critisism. Saying something along the lines of "I thing this is silly, however this feature is a neat idea" or "This concept is interesting, but this design is not consistent", or something along those lines would be more helpful. I'm looking for suggestion for improvements and refinements to the concept rather than outright rejection and being outright dismissed out of hand.