Lt. Commander
# 1 Disabilities suck
07-25-2011, 08:52 PM
I've been getting really upset by the lack of disabled people within STO, I mean I have to use a wheel chair in real life, I'd like to be able to use one in the game too. Capt Pike had one, so its certainly cannon, any chance this could be added?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-25-2011, 08:54 PM
Maybe they have gotten better at repairing the body in STO's time period.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-25-2011, 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
But Capt Pike? Aslo there was a chick in DS9 that had a wheel chair.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-25-2011, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
But Capt Pike? Aslo there was a chick in DS9 that had a wheel chair.
Like I said, in STO's time period. That is 30ish years after Nemesis.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-25-2011, 08:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
Like that episode of TNG, "Ethics" - the genitronic replicator, where they were able to scan the genetic information and basically replicate a new organ to replace the damaged one. It's been forty years since then, I'm sure it's probably had SOME innovation by now, heh.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-25-2011, 09:02 PM
What about the elderly and infirm? I'm almost there! There simply has to be wheel chairs.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-25-2011, 09:06 PM
True. What if someone was missing their legs from a great battle? Or their body was cut in half? I'm game for wheel chairs.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaZer0 View Post
True. What if someone was missing their legs from a great battle? Or their body was cut in half? I'm game for wheel chairs.
Nog lost a leg in battle. They simply replaced it.

But like any military or shipping, piloting industry, wouldn't there be restrictions if you were in a wheelchair?

Not trying to cause offence, but surely Starfleet ship officers have to be in top physical condition to carry out there tasks which could be quiet strenuous and demanding.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FurQue
What about the elderly and infirm? I'm almost there! There simply has to be wheel chairs.
Remember this episode? That said, I dont believe people that age are still serving in Starfleet. There is probably a mandatory retirement after 100(for humans anyway) or something =p
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-25-2011, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphs View Post
Nog lost a leg in battle. They simply replaced it.

But like any military or shipping, piloting industry, wouldn't there be restrictions if you were in a wheelchair?

Not trying to cause offence, but surely Starfleet ship officers have to be in top physical condition to carry out there tasks which could be quiet strenuous and demanding.
No offense taken, I've taken all I can ever take from RL to be annoyed by anyone on the internetz :p

I dont see how I couldnt hold a gun in a chair, maybe the melee attacks would be useless, but I sure something could be worked out.
Closed Thread