Lt. Commander
# 1 This is NOT a F2p game....
07-26-2011, 12:48 AM
This is not a F2P game but yet everything is getting released into the C-Store! Why is that????
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2011, 12:55 AM
... lets just say we're in a transition phase

Damn those Ferrengi !
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2011, 12:55 AM
I think you almost answered your own question...STO is not F2P yet.

It's not a question of IF anymore, but when, hence the C-Store 'prep'.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-26-2011, 12:58 AM
You may want to check up on that again.

All new missions are not released through the C-Store, the Ships have alternate means of being aquired and all upgrades are for free.

At the moment, only pre-order objects (wich some of us payed significantly for when we preordered. It's only fair you do too), expanding your default storage (inventory, bank and Ship/BO/char slots) and eye candy (uniform, badges, emotes... that crap), are aquireable through the C-Store only.

I'd say thats a pretty good trade off.

There is nothing in the C-Store that you HAVE to buy. Theres absolutely nothing in there that is required to play the game... Only things that you feel is nice to have, for sakes of vanity, or because you want to expand without discarding objects.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-26-2011, 01:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
You may want to check up on that again.

All new missions are not released through the C-Store, the Ships have alternate means of being aquired and all upgrades are for free.

At the moment, only pre-order objects (wich some of us payed significantly for when we preordered. It's only fair you do too), expanding your default storage (inventory, bank and Ship/BO/char slots) and eye candy (uniform, badges, emotes... that crap), are aquireable through the C-Store only.

I'd say thats a pretty good trade off.

There is nothing in the C-Store that you HAVE to buy. Theres absolutely nothing in there that is required to play the game... Only things that you feel is nice to have, for sakes of vanity, or because you want to expand without discarding objects.
I understand there is nothing I HAVE to buy. But when I pay $14.99 a month and see pretty much all the cool stuff (ships, uniforms, ect) is in the C-Store vs other major MMO'S it makes me wonder...

As for ships ingame, isn't only 3 or 4 of them available? I was intrested in the NX class... C-Store not available in game. Ok so I was really intrested in using the MVAM on my Prometheus. I have the ship already! But if I want MVAM I have to buy the same ship off the c-store just to get MVAM?!?!? You have to be kidding me!!

If STO wants to compete agains other well known MMO's then this has got to stop with all this C-Store nonsense or go F2P!

EDIT: Not to be all cranky C-Store stuff here... I just went to Starfleet Acadamy and it looks AWESOME. But is it only a social hub with vendors? No missions??? All that time for a social hub? Am I missing something I hope???
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-26-2011, 01:26 AM
There's nothing in the C-store worth buying that makes a difference in game compared to drops, craftables and rewards so I don't know what the OP is complaining about.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-26-2011, 01:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegir View Post
EDIT: Not to be all cranky C-Store stuff here... I just went to Starfleet Acadamy and it looks AWESOME. But is it only a social hub with vendors? No missions??? All that time for a social hub? Am I missing something I hope???
Yes, you're missing how easy (well semi easier) it is to make a social map vs adding a map that is attached to the dozens of things they said are coming for it. New tutorial, possible new fleet actions based on it, firing range etc etc etc.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-26-2011, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leegir View Post
This is not a F2P game but yet everything is getting released into the C-Store! Why is that????
Really? How much C-points was Season 4?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-26-2011, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
There's nothing in the C-store worth buying that makes a difference in game compared to drops, craftables and rewards so I don't know what the OP is complaining about.
Are you a ship junkie that likes to collect ships? Or are you a uniform junkie that likes diffrent cool uniforms.

Prolly not.

Point is, some people like myself like to collect all the kinds of ships. In any other MMO this is possible. Here you have to use REAL money to get them along with the monthly fee.

And thats my main point, fee's fee's and more fee's. It's rediculas how much real money you have to spend to get the "fluff"

Argue all you want, fact still remains there is too much C-Store stuff!
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-26-2011, 01:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
Really? How much C-points was Season 4?
It was $14.99