Lt. Commander
# 81
08-11-2011, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munrock
Lifetime subscription equates to an upfront payment of 20 months' game time.

If the game becomes free-to-play within the next 20 months, they're gonna have some legal issues to sort through.
No, they won't.

The lifetime subscribers would recieve a monthly stipend of C-store points (400 is the amount given monthly in the other Cryptic F2P game) that the free players don't get. That is the "value-added" by being a lifer in a F2P game.
Lt. Commander
# 82 Gimmick
08-11-2011, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartzilla2007 View Post
Or seeing as they have said that if STO goes f2p their using the Champions where subscribers get 400 C-store points a month, you could just wait 3 months and get it for free.
and you believe them, They said all items in the c-store will not be for bonus or higher gains in the game yet look at that ship consols that give you bonus and bonus items that give you an edge. I could see if a player did this through research or a complicated mission or a mission reward that had to deal with the story. I dont mind a game that does bonus or extra crap to buy but dont sell it or lie about it being an MMO. it is not an mmo its a rpg simulator with a gimmick about it being in the star trek universe.

There is no story or one that i as a captain or admiral have any change in. The missions are one in the same pew pew pew and ask questions later or someone that might be left alive. With little staff and little info on the future no wonder many have just stop playing or left.

People talk or speculate on the borg. okay i havent seen any news info or correct info. Their website and development team is silent. the PR person must be on vacation because its like they dont say much. Oh who is the P.R. rep for the company.

The pod cast are all useless as its all i cant say, i cant say or we hope it might come sometime in the future. Word of advice never run for public office as that is a political none answer. The pod casters are speculating majority of the time based on there hopes of what might come and not evidence. The interviews are either canned or just one sided with no concrete info. They wont tell you if it goes free to play because well they want that money so they will wait till the last minute.

I tell you one thing i wont be waiting for october to see new content. like others ill just leave starfleet if this sort of closed mind and mouth behavior stays.
Lt. Commander
# 83
08-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munrock
Lifetime subscription equates to an upfront payment of 20 months' game time.

If the game becomes free-to-play within the next 20 months, they're gonna have some legal issues to sort through.
Not really. As long as there's some sort of subscription plan in place still.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
No, they won't.

The lifetime subscribers would recieve a monthly stipend of C-store points (400 is the amount given monthly in the other Cryptic F2P game) that the free players don't get. That is the "value-added" by being a lifer in a F2P game.
Given the more agressive stance STO already has with the C-store relative to pre-f2p CO and the tendency of assurances about STO's C-store to become meaningless, this is another thing I will believe when I see.
Lt. Commander
# 84
08-11-2011, 08:24 PM
And don't forget the veterans rewards. When I hit my 500 day mark, each toon of mine got 250 emblems. That goes a long way to getting a ship for free as well. As far as C-store points go. I waited untill the c-store points were 20% off. If theres a ship I want when its 50% off I'm only paying for 40% of the normal price.