Lt. Commander
# 11
07-26-2011, 10:36 AM
i dont think you supposed to solo alpha a cruiser =p it would be kinda OP . have you tried coordinating your alphas with a friend ?, though tbh , if i get hit by an alpha my reverse shield polaritey gives 10 vital secs to recover
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-26-2011, 10:47 AM
the trick with alphaing with BO3 and a duel beam bank is to fire off all the buffs before you decloak EXCEPT BO3, then decloak, fire everything, THEN hit BO3. after the DBB has cycled once, the shield facing will be down and the BO3 will hit hull directly, it times itself perfectly. good time to hit with torps too. leading off when you decloak with a BO drained energy your cannons needed and basically sabotages your alpha, never lead off with BO, fire it last.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-26-2011, 10:50 AM
i would think it would be good to key bind BO3 to the torpedo button then haha
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-26-2011, 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canmore
i dont think you supposed to solo alpha a cruiser =p it would be kinda OP . have you tried coordinating your alphas with a friend ?, though tbh , if i get hit by an alpha my reverse shield polaritey gives 10 vital secs to recover
bull hahaha just cuz your in a cruiser donst mean your safe if theres a will theres a way!! thats what this post is all about

damm cruisers and their hollodecks and aberetums and giant bars barbershops and fancy quarters i say lets blow them up hahahaha
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-26-2011, 11:27 AM
My strategy is usually to just pop a weapons bat after leading off with BO3 to compensate for the power loss. If it's on cool down, I just let my EPS console regain my power levels.