Lt. Commander
# 1 Donating mission build slots?
07-26-2011, 11:26 AM
A subject that needs to be addressed hopefully sooner than later is the restriction on mission build slots. Currently everyone is restricted to eight slots. For some folks this is enough, for more prolific writers not nearly enough, and for others it is too many (those that have no intention of ever writing a Foundry mission).

Several very good mission makers have reached their cap already and the community as a whole is losing out on some terrific stories because of it. A number of proposals have been made to 'fix' this situation (I am a big proponent of the 'reward good missions with extra slots' idea), but until they come on-line as a more permanent, long-term solution, I'd like to propose a 'donation' program.

I am currently sitting on 8 unused slots and a I would like to donate them to our top community writers.

Unfortunately I'm not sure how to do this (or if it's even possible - or if it would be even MORE work than doing one of the long term fixes).

Anyone have any input of how we could do this (or, as I say, IF we could even do this?)
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2011, 11:37 AM
I haven't made any Foundry mission yet myself (And can't go check the Foundry to answer this question as it is still down). Is it eight slots per Foundry character or eight slots per account?
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2011, 01:33 PM
To the post directly above mine, it's restricted to 8 mission slots per account not per character.

I read that Cryptic won't address the mission slot thing until October, much to the chagrin of the UGC community. It's really nice and all though of you to think of them though. You could definitely try to coordinate with your favorite authors to make missions. Sort of like director and writer roles in motion pictures.