Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
07-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Sorry, I'm not psychic. If you asked, then I would've. Instead your making me out to be the bad guy for giving up.
You're not a bad dude, but I kinda expected my team to help me shoot the other team. Why would I have to ask you to shoot the enemy?
Lt. Commander
# 22
07-28-2011, 04:28 PM
Quote:
You're joking? Ground PvP is nothing but 1 sided battles. It's rare that you get two good PuGs had have an even fight.

Which is why Ground is funner than Space atm, just need those find points fixed.
Maybe we are not playing the same game after all.

I only play with PuGs, i have competed in hundreds of Ground Arena or Assault since Season 4 hitted. I have won lot of engagements and i have also lost many.

But never in a Ground PvP match have i been unable to kill one single player during the whole match. I always end with a few kills no matter the outcome of the match.

It really is different than in space where if you play against experienced opponents, you may end with 0 kills because your team could not cooperate.

On ground, 1 player alone can make the difference. I firmly believe that. Ive seen it many times so far.

I am not saying ground fights are always even but i am saying that the victories are rarely flawless. The other side almost always manage to get a few kills. Good players on ground always get some kills, that i am CERTAIN about. Even if they have to work totally alone.
Lt. Commander
# 23
07-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Sorry, I'm not psychic. If you asked, then I would've. Instead your making me out to be the bad guy for giving up.
your not the bad guy just the baby for quiting because you did not win. Think in basket ball terms do you see any of those guys quiting because there down a few points and going up agenst a better team. I see none of those doing that. maybe you should grow up.
Lt. Commander
# 24
07-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krizonar
You're not a bad dude, but I kinda expected my team to help me shoot the other team. Why would I have to ask you to shoot the enemy?
Sometimes people do get disorganized. Especially if the other team stays together while the other team falls apart and they rushing to reform.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial_Fury
Maybe we are not playing the same game after all.

I only play with PuGs, i have competed in hundreds of Ground Arena or Assault since Season 4 hitted. I have won lot of engagements and i have also lost many.

But never in a Ground PvP match have i been unable to kill one single player during the whole match. I always end with a few kills no matter the outcome of the match.

It really is different than in space where if you play against experienced opponents, you may end with 0 kills because your team could not cooperate.

On ground, 1 player alone can make the difference. I firmly believe that. Ive seen it many times so far.

I am not saying ground fights are always even but i am saying that the victories are rarely flawless. The other side almost always manage to get a few kills. Good players on ground always get some kills, that i am CERTAIN about. Even if they have to work totally alone.
Yes they do make a difference, but S4 is favors more the aggressor than the defender.
Lt. Commander
# 25
07-28-2011, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Sometimes people do get disorganized. Especially if the other team stays together while the other team falls apart and they rushing to reform.

Yes they do make a difference, but S4 is favors more the aggressor than the defender.

I am sorry but there are no Defender side in STO Arena or Assault maps.

Both scenarios are putting both teams on Offense.

In Assault maps, you are supposed to carry the virus from one side to either middle map or into enemy territory. Both teams need to do that. Both teams are supposed to "attack" if they want to win. You CANT win by only defending on this map.

In Arena maps, the goal is to kill 30 enemies by any means. Sure, you can try to bunker up in a room and wait for the other team to come at you. An "intelligent" team would simply never launch the attack and it would be a stalemate. Seriously, why would players be stupid enough to attack a defended position? The only reason is overconfidence or boredom...

So again, on Arena maps, normally BOTH teams are on attack. There is nothing to defend and no real reason to occupy the same spot or room. The only goal is to kill opposition. Bad and unexperienced players will try to bunker up waiting for stupid enemies to fall for it. Good players will always be on the move and shoot you in the back when you dont expect it.

So in my opinion, if you think the game favors agressors, well good news for you, everyone should be an agressor on Ground PvP. And being a Medic or whatever is not an excuse to not fire your guns and kill stuff.

There, i said it.
Lt. Commander
# 26
07-28-2011, 05:29 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 27
07-28-2011, 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial_Fury
I am sorry but there are no Defender side in STO Arena or Assault maps.

Both scenarios are putting both teams on Offense.

In Assault maps, you are supposed to carry the virus from one side to either middle map or into enemy territory. Both teams need to do that. Both teams are supposed to "attack" if they want to win. You CANT win by only defending on this map.

In Arena maps, the goal is to kill 30 enemies by any means. Sure, you can try to bunker up in a room and wait for the other team to come at you. An "intelligent" team would simply never launch the attack and it would be a stalemate. Seriously, why would players be stupid enough to attack a defended position? The only reason is overconfidence or boredom...

So again, on Arena maps, normally BOTH teams are on attack. There is nothing to defend and no real reason to occupy the same spot or room. The only goal is to kill opposition. Bad and unexperienced players will try to bunker up waiting for stupid enemies to fall for it. Good players will always be on the move and shoot you in the back when you dont expect it.

So in my opinion, if you think the game favors agressors, well good news for you, everyone should be an agressor on Ground PvP. And being a Medic or whatever is not an excuse to not fire your guns and kill stuff.

There, i said it.
Of course there is a defense, that's what Engineers are about. But as they say, wins favor the bold.
Lt. Commander
# 28
07-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Quote:
Of course there is a defense, that's what Engineers are about. But as they say, wins favor the bold.
Engineers are about defense?????????????????????

WAKE UP! I play an engineer and i am pure devastating offense!!!

I run after people dropping mines at their feet!
I use Reroute Power to Shield as an offensive tool to generate 15% Expose!
I fire at people with my Compression Pistol and Exploit every 6 seconds!
I charge in with a shotgun! I use melee attacks!
I use Weapon Malfunction, i drop Cover Shields on the fly, i spam my drone any chance i have.

The best defense is offense. Heard that before?

Your latest statement was enough for me to make a final opinion about your gameplay experience. I do not want to insult you, but you have no experience and no knowledge about the potential Engineers have. Keep fortifying your little bunker and await a rat-trap death. You'll learn. Hopefully.
Lt. Commander
# 29
07-28-2011, 06:47 PM
TBH, one-shot kills, spawn-camping, and heals (however, pre-S4 it was more/less Eng heals) have been a prob since.... forever.

These are things I really hoped would get fixed in S4... I'm clueless as to why they weren't right there at the top of the list of stuff to fix... In particular, spawning (along with camping) is outright horrid. Either you spawn
A) on the other side of the map or
B)in the middle of the enemy team
like 75% of the time.

These issues really DO need to be addressed, they've been the top issues keeping players from doing more ground pvp since day 1 and remain so today.
Lt. Commander
# 30
07-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bran_Mak_Morrn View Post
TBH, one-shot kills, spawn-camping, and heals (however, pre-S4 it was more/less Eng heals) have been a prob since.... forever.

These are things I really hoped would get fixed in S4... I'm clueless as to why they weren't right there at the top of the list of stuff to fix... In particular, spawning (along with camping) is outright horrid. Either you spawn
A) on the other side of the map or
B)in the middle of the enemy team
like 75% of the time.

These issues really DO need to be addressed, they've been the top issues keeping players from doing more ground pvp since day 1 and remain so today.
I kinda call BS on the spawning issue because basically, it works both way. You can take advantage of it and so can the enemy.

Like Spock said about Khan following them in Mutara Nebula when shields would be useless, the odds will be even for both of them.

I agree it should be adressed but if that issue is what really makes player not do Ground PvP, then i suspect they do not want to do Ground PvP anyway.