Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
07-27-2011, 02:48 AM
[quote=matteo716;3666191

Also...RSA?[/QUOTE]

*sniff* *tear* We're one of the remaining few STO podcasts, been going since retail launch, currently up to 64 episodes. Weekly episode, livestream, guaranteed C-Store point contests each week, etc. It's ok, not everyone listens to us
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-27-2011, 03:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mavgeek View Post
*sniff* *tear* We're one of the remaining few STO podcasts, been going since retail launch, currently up to 64 episodes. Weekly episode, livestream, guaranteed C-Store point contests each week, etc. It's ok, not everyone listens to us
You on itunes? I need more entertainment on my paper route
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-27-2011, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
I fully expect an Cryptic designed system to be nothing but the tracking of every players statistics in PvP:

Total damage.
Av. Damage per match.
Av. Healing per match
Damage to kill ratio
Kill/Death ratio
Game win/lose ratio

Yes, this would result in players bailing from games with better players more than they do now, which is why some simple changes should be put in place:

1: You cannot leave a match in progress.
2: Purposefully disconnecting should result in some sort of "vote to give penalty" system
I don't really see a ladder system like the OP envisions being implemented TBH.

I suspect something like you've outlined is more likely. To ad to this, other games have addressed the issue of people leaving PvP matches prematurely with a debuff placed on their character that prevents them from queueing for another PvP match until it wears off if they leave or AFK out of a PvP match. I think this is a good system that produces enough of a penalty to discourage people from leaving.

Marks of Excellence NEED to be replaced with something else, be they emblems or whatever. Some people don't need incentive to PvP. Some do. Marks of Excellence aren't enough unless they are able to start buying rare/very rare Mark X/X+ gear. New PvP accolades could easily be another small incentive.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-27-2011, 04:21 AM
I can quickly see this ladder tourney starting out nice and fluffy and then getting run by a few select people until it turns into the NFL and all the players get locked out when they dont agree to certain terms and conditions set by the people who end up owning it. Thats just worst case scenario.
Lt. Commander
This should be opened up to the max number of slots. If I want to Q up with 10 people should allowed. As always options, options and more options.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-27-2011, 09:05 AM
What you can't challenge downward. IF a team is number 1 they should be able challenge anyone and they should not have the option to decline. If you are number you have to maintain it not sit up high picking and choosing who challenges you.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
Yep, we are on Itunes, jest go to our site at redshirtarmy.com and click on the itunes button.

If your in 1sh place, you wont need to challenge down, the other teams will challenge you for the top. As for Team Size, you wil need Alts, but the higher the team number, the lower the teams that will enter. Honestly, i say 5 on 5, best out of 3 win the heat. That would allow for a team Alt to switch hit in and get game time.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-27-2011, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
Yup http://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/r...my/id357410645 (we had to reset our rss2 a while back so the first 50 episodes are only available on our website until we can get Apple to backdate the iTunes account)
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-27-2011, 01:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
What you can't challenge downward. IF a team is number 1 they should be able challenge anyone and they should not have the option to decline. If you are number you have to maintain it not sit up high picking and choosing who challenges you.
If a team can challenge downwards it defeats the point of being "top dog" on the ladder and staying on top. If team #1 challenges team #2 and loses they effectively cost themselves their ladder spot when they not need to.

You do not pick who challenges you. And you do not decline challenges. If team #1 for example gets challenged by team #3, team 1 has to accept the challenge and schedule a date for the match and play it. They cannot decline. The same applies to the rest of the ladder, any time a challenge is issued it has to be accepted.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-27-2011, 01:38 PM
I dont think any league with gound and space mixed in together will ever work untill they force you to split the skill tree.