Lt. Commander
Hey Devs, something needs to be increased on the Transphasic Torpedoes.

base damage increase?
higher bleed through percent?

I decided to test them out again since the Breen set adds +30...
include the bonus consoles, and being full specced and even then,
they fall short and pale in comparison to other torps.

Some averages over a few set up pvp matches...
quantum average of 7.5k ...
transpashic average of 4.7k...
chroniton average (unspecced) of 4.5k...

average bleed of the transpasic was roughly 25%
still not enough to be a viable build...
maybe increase that to 33% ???
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-27-2011, 12:57 PM
Having the same sound they had in Voyager would be great too...
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-27-2011, 01:03 PM
Agreed, transphasic Torps should be the most devastating torps, i mean they are suppose to be able to go right through the shields and strike the hull with full power.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFO-OptimusPrime View Post
Agreed, transphasic Torps should be the most devastating torps, i mean they are suppose to be able to go right through the shields and strike the hull with full power.
If you're referring to what we saw in "Endgame", then yes... against Borg who have not yet encountered the weapon.
Remember what Phasers did to the Borg when they were unknown to them?

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5...xstqwhoof0.jpg

Phaser strikes could blow holes as big as the 300-400 meters into the hull, as long as the Borg were unfamiliar with the weapon.
So by now the weapon is one everyone has been familiar with for 30 years.
Hence it's neither as effective against the Borg nor against anyone else as it was when Janeway brought it back in time.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-27-2011, 01:40 PM
When I first bought STO and subscribed, I had made up my mind that I wanted to wield the devastation known as the transphasic torpedo. I mean, you could basically one shot Borg ships with these bad boys, right? I figured they would just make them rare in the game and tone them down a bit for balance reasons. Wow, was I wrong. I started out using these things and was really disappointed. I switched to quantums and haven't looked back since.

I think there needs to be a re-think of how ship equipment is done, with more difference between weapons styles other than colors and amount of skill points needed to train them. I'd also like to see different types of warp cores, as well as unique weapons that are maybe crafted from rarely found alien relics. I don't know, but I feel at a disadvantage every time I take something other than phasers and quantum torps.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Actually you can use any of the tier 3 skill energy or projectile weapons and not feel cheated. The higher tier 4 and tier 5 weapon costs however are outrageous since they take away points you could otherwise use for other skills in comparison to say phasers and quantums but provide no benefit for that cost.

That is a broken mechanic.

It makes pretty much everything but the two options you get for the tier 3 skills effectively weaker in comparison due to the skill points that can't be spent in other areas to strengthen the character in space/ground use.

Hopefully it will be fixed at some point but till then any weapon that relies on a tier 4 or tier 5 skill is basically a novelty weapon that may or may not have a niche depending on its special features.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister_dee
If you're referring to what we saw in "Endgame", then yes... against Borg who have not yet encountered the weapon.
Remember what Phasers did to the Borg when they were unknown to them?

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/5...xstqwhoof0.jpg

Phaser strikes could blow holes as big as the 300-400 meters into the hull, as long as the Borg were unfamiliar with the weapon.
So by now the weapon is one everyone has been familiar with for 30 years.
Hence it's neither as effective against the Borg nor against anyone else as it was when Janeway brought it back in time.
http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Transphasic_torpedo

Read this to gain a better understand of how a Transphasic Torpedo is suppose to work. The shields can only block one subcomponent of the torpedo, allowing the rest of the payload to be delievered. Also in my post I never said anything about the borg, obviously they can adapt to it but for all the other races out there that don't have the capabilities of the borg, there is no excuse. If that were the case then we'd be remodulating our ship weapons just as we remodulate our ground weapons...really hope a dev doesn't read this and get any ideas..
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-27-2011, 02:02 PM
We are aware of Transphasic's issues in particular, as well as some of the other damage types. We have started talking about a review of all damage types for both beams and torpedoes, possibly linked to a skill review of as-yet undefined scope. I cannot give you a time estimate on any of this, unfortunately, but it is on our radar.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
We are aware of Transphasic's issues in particular, as well as some of the other damage types. We have started talking about a review of all damage types for both beams and torpedoes, possibly linked to a skill review of as-yet undefined scope. I cannot give you a time estimate on any of this, unfortunately, but it is on our radar.
lmao how did I know the very next post was gonna be a Devs lol

Thanks for the update Heretic!
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Awesome. When you do this could you look at Antiproton Mag Regulator and Tricobalt consoles as well please?

Every other damage type in the game can get blue Mk XI consoles for emblems. While one *can* get +26 consoles for either of the above damage type, they only exist in the form of +Torpedoes for the latter, or +Beams or +Cannons for the latter - and in the latter case that means you can't mix beams and cannons, which is... unfortunate.