Lt. Commander
# 1 TSS3 & HE2 or TSS2 & HE3
07-27-2011, 12:39 PM
This is for a BoP with no other Boff hull heals, and also running EPtS2 for shield heals (also ST1, but that will mostly be used to counter science debuffs).

My character in this is science; however, I plan on using a similar boff layout for a tac officer down the line.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-27-2011, 02:19 PM
TSS3. Shield tanking is way better, and the difference between 2 and 3 is pretty hefty.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-27-2011, 02:30 PM
Thanks. I originally had TSS3 in mind, as I do prefer shield tanking, but today I was thinking about how HE3 is trainable and thus easier to acquire without scoping out the exchange or finding a way to get the reman boff again. Plus, I was researching it on the boards today and read a bunch of posts touting HE's sustained damage resistance.

I really wish you could mail or sell the reman boff. My main has him, but has no use for him. Would like to mail him to this science character.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post
Thanks. I originally had TSS3 in mind, as I do prefer shield tanking, but today I was thinking about how HE3 is trainable and thus easier to acquire without scoping out the exchange or finding a way to get the reman boff again. Plus, I was researching it on the boards today and read a bunch of posts touting HE's sustained damage resistance.

I really wish you could mail or sell the reman boff. My main has him, but has no use for him. Would like to mail him to this science character.
If he's not commissioned, have him train TSS to another BO and trade that to someone.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2011, 03:48 AM
Why not both?

Picked up a TSS3 BO on the exchange for 30k last night. Wooo!

I'm considering making an alternative build for my Huygens toon. Currently he is set to shield strip, which he is very good at, but I might make an alternative build with TSS3 and HE3 with FBP3 and tractors, since I have the spec for it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Is the Reman sci BO available to KDF? It has TSS3 by default.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Yes, but it's not currently being offered as a reward, and you can't trade the uncommissioned ones like you can with normal boffs.

I bought a very rare klink boff last night with TSS3 for 175K. I only found two klink boffs with that power available last night, and they were both very rare. Strange, since there's a current flood of klingon boffs on the market because of that S4 bug. I might have just went for what was easier to find, as I quickly got bored of looking at every single boff's abilities that were being sold. Ah well, 175K is not that much to waste.

The character it's for is only at LC3 right now though, so she won't get to use her until much later.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-05-2011, 08:05 PM
No contest. HE3 is more useful. TSS3 is great and all, but you don't explode if your shields fail. HE3 removes a lot of hull DoTs and it's a hull HoT. In the end, hull is more relevant and, by extension, HE3 is more important.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cattivo80 View Post

HE3 on a science can be an insane heal for hull. It can heal a BOP with the right consoles and specs from 1% to max so I would say that that makes it a very good heal, but TSS3 can be an insane resist and shield buff also.