Lt. Commander
# 11
07-27-2011, 05:54 PM
Someone actually believes that c-store items are done by different people ? Who would that be ? Everytime some dev talks about who is making what, itīs the same people that are supposedly not working on c-store stuff.

Itīs not like there is a magic content machine that feeds on cash and just spits out academy uniforms or a MVAM Prommie.

And then there is the "c-store allows us to get things into the game that otherwise wouldnīt make it in or would take much longer" bit. So they can manipulate the time-space continuum to allow the same people to do more work in the same time just by throwing dollars at them ?

I donīt know, it doesnīt make much sense at all.
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-27-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashur1
Someone actually believes that c-store items are done by different people ? Who would that be ? Everytime some dev talks about who is making what, itīs the same people that are supposedly not working on c-store stuff.

Itīs not like there is a magic content machine that feeds on cash and just spits out academy uniforms or a MVAM Prommie.

And then there is the "c-store allows us to get things into the game that otherwise wouldnīt make it in or would take much longer" bit. So they can manipulate the time-space continuum to allow the same people to do more work in the same time just by throwing dollars at them ?

I donīt know, it doesnīt make much sense at all.
No one knows how they are staffed, except for Cryptic. We don't know how many people are in each dept. we know nothing. But yet people post ignorant stuff about how Cryptic should run their studio.

Thinking that your suggestion is that easy and would work is just wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Well if the starbucks was willing to employ staff to re-arrange chairs while people were waiting to be served, I would be just as angry. (C-store ananlogy)
Right, because you know how Starbucks runs its store by looking in from the outside as a customer?
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-27-2011, 06:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba
Here is the problem with people that make these type of "suggestions". No one, not you, not me and certainly not Cpt_Equinox, knows how they are staffed. We don't know how many people are in each dept. we know nothing. But yet people post ignorant stuff about how Cryptic should run their studio.

Thinking that your suggestion is that easy and would work is just plane ignorance.
I didnīt make any suggestions. I just stated my opinion about some explanations about the c-store, thatīs all. Thatīs what a forum is all about. And Iīm far from ignorant and that insult was uncalled for.
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
We know what they tell us, we know who tells us what he is working on what and we can apply basis logic to their statements about the c-store. I believe the c-store exists to make more money, thatīs okay, itīs a business, no reason to make something up.
Right thats all we see, what they say on the forums. It still gives no person the right to tell them how they should run their company, or suggest on who should work on what. Again, we do not know anything. Except for what we see on the outside looking in.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba
Right thats all we see, what they say on the forums. It still gives no person the right to tell them how they should run their company, or suggest on who should work on what. Again, we do not know anything. Except for what we see on the outside looking in.
I edited my last post, but anyway, I didnīt suggest anything.
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-27-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
I edited my last post, but anyway, I didnīt suggest anything.
I was saying the person who made the thread seemed ignorant, not you. If it seemed I was calling you ignorant then I apologize as that was not my intent.
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-27-2011, 06:58 PM
Quote:
I didnīt make any suggestions. I just stated my opinion about some explanations about the c-store, thatīs all. Thatīs what a forum is all about. And Iīm far from ignorant and that insult was uncalled for.
I edited my post so that it shows I was not calling you ignorant. That was not my intention and I apologize.

I am all for discussing things as that is what the forums are for and I have said this on other threads as well. But there is nothing to discuss with topics like the OP made. Cryptic will handle their company the way they see fit. But yet people still do it, thinking they know it all and know how to fix their problem.

EDIT: Anyway, i am going to leave this thread. I am not looking for a fight or looking to insult anyone, I guess I get ticked off when I see or hear stuff like the OP's post. I hear it too often at work and at other places where I use to work. Usually I avoid threads like this anyway... guess the meds are messing with my judgement again. So to anyone that I might have insulted I apologize.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-27-2011, 07:15 PM
I'm hoping the new company taking over Cryptic will see what they have and put some much needed cash into this game. It can be great and so much more could be added with the right management. I saw great improvements during Dstahl reign, now that we have Zinc back we need him to work on financing for STO and let Dstahl work on the creative end of the business.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-27-2011, 07:28 PM
I think everybody should spend more money in the C-Store to help get the game they want to play.

I think everybody should talk more positively about this game, and the company that makes it, that the players continue to play or post about.

On a side note, and probably more in line with what the OP is ranting about - it doesn't necessarily have to be the dedicated STO staff that are creating the uniforms. Those can be done by dedicated artists in the company who are there creating "clothing" for the all of the game engines avatars regardless of game.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-27-2011, 07:41 PM
The profits from the c-store go on to fund more c-store items.