Lt. Commander
# 111
07-28-2011, 09:18 AM
From the wording ("variant") it does seem like it's just a skin.

But you know, I'm actually quite surprised at how many people do like the Nova. I always thought I was the only one who loves that ship. If I were Cryptic, I might consider turning this into a T5 ship now, even if this wasn't the original intention. It doesn't even need that much of a special ability or special stats.
Lt. Commander
# 112
07-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backyardserenade View Post
From the wording ("variant") it does seem like it's just a skin.

But you know, I'm actually quite surprised at how many people do like the Nova. I always thought I was the only one who loves that ship. If I were Cryptic, I might consider turning this into a T5 ship now, even if this wasn't the original intention. It doesn't even need that much of a special ability or special stats.
I do love the Nova she is a nice little workhorse science ship and the Rhode Island variant is a really nice looking ship. REALLY REALLY WANT HER AT TIER 5

*EDIT* Gotta Love it When the DEVS move your topic but dont answer your question of what Tier the ship will be come on guys *EDIT*
Lt. Commander
# 113
07-28-2011, 09:55 AM
First of all, I think that while the Equinox may have been a step below Voyager, the Rhode Island variant may not be.

Second, I think they should look at making this something of a Science Companion to the Galaxy-X. Cannons and maybe a special ability that "harnesses life energy", draining crew for an attack.
Lt. Commander
# 114
07-28-2011, 10:02 AM
I think Rhode Island is the Science Cruiser version of Nova where as Equinox was just Science.
Lt. Commander
# 115
07-28-2011, 10:10 AM
I REALLY hope this is tier 5 and not just a skin. I hated leaving my Nova behind when I hit commander, as the science ships at commander level are really ugly.

Please make this a tactically-minded T5 science ship. I would buy it in a heartbeat. If it's just a skin, no thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 116
07-28-2011, 10:17 AM
Yeah honestly Im gonna be angry if its just a skin
Lt. Commander
# 117
07-28-2011, 10:25 AM
IMO the Nova or Rhode island does not belong as T5.
The Nova Class itself is really a T1 ship, as its been canonicly stated to be tactically inferior to a Klingon Bird of Prey.

The Rhode Island refit did indeed engage a pair of Neghs, but she never did any real damage to them and obviously couldn't hold them off for long at all, since they were about to follow Admiral Janeway through her rift, without even a hint of battle damage.

Seeing as how the Nova was refitted to the Rhode Island to be a slightly stronger ship, it is reasonable to assume that larger ships like the Intrepid and Sovereign would have been refitted equally, and in so doing would still keep things status quo.
Lt. Commander
# 118
07-28-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
IMO the Nova or Rhode island does not belong as T5.
The Nova Class itself is really a T1 ship, as its been canonicly stated to be tactically inferior to a Klingon Bird of Prey.

The Rhode Island refit did indeed engage a pair of Neghs, but she never did any real damage to them and obviously couldn't hold them off for long at all, since they were about to follow Admiral Janeway through her rift, without even a hint of battle damage.

Seeing as how the Nova was refitted to the Rhode Island to be a slightly stronger ship, it is reasonable to assume that larger ships like the Intrepid and Sovereign would have been refitted equally, and in so doing would still keep things status quo.
Oh come on we have Excelsior at Tier 5 just give us our Rhode Island at Tier 5 is it really gonna hurt you
Lt. Commander
# 119
07-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
Oh come on we have Excelsior at Tier 5 just give us our Rhode Island at Tier 5 is it really gonna hurt you
I don't agree with a T5 excelsior entirely either, but its 1000 times more logical than a T5 Rhode Island.
The Rhode island is simply just too small to compete with higher tiers.
Lt. Commander
# 120
07-28-2011, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
I don't agree with a T5 excelsior entirely either, but its 1000 times more logical than a T5 Rhode Island.
The Rhode island is simply just too small to compete with higher tiers.
I love my Excelsior Retrofit and once again does it really hurt anyone ? its a late 24th Century ship