Lt. Commander
# 151
07-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
Not the Nova a tier 5 the standard nova is a tier 2 ship im talking about just the Rhode Island being tier 5 and yes we do need the Akira at tier 5
We sure do need a T5 Akira
Lt. Commander
# 152
07-28-2011, 04:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
So, just to make things clear...who on here want a Tier 4/Tier 5 Rhode Island Variant Vessel? I know I do.
I do and I want it Tier 5 otherwise its useless to me
Lt. Commander
# 153
07-28-2011, 04:24 PM
I want a T5 Nova, but not as much as I want a T5 Sabre.

Both are beautiful ships and I'd love to see them flying a long the big line ships.

Plus the abilities they could be given to make them on par with those line ships would definitely be fun.
Lt. Commander
# 154
07-28-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm going on record saying a T2 "skin" is a non-starter for me. There's not enough of a difference between the two to even bother making it if it isn't going to be a T5 ship. The T5 ship I would grab in a heartbeat.
Lt. Commander
# 155
07-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uber1250 View Post
I'm going on record saying a T2 "skin" is a non-starter for me. There's not enough of a difference between the two to even bother making it if it isn't going to be a T5 ship. The T5 ship I would grab in a heartbeat.
I wouldnīt buy a slightly different skin for any T2 ship either. Thatīs why they will put some kind of console on it.
Lt. Commander
# 156
07-28-2011, 05:29 PM
I don't want just another console on the thing.

Devs, please end this speculation and tell us whether or not this will be a t5 variant? I want to know so that after I finish up the Borg STFs and get all my borg gear, I know whether or not wait for the C-Store Rhode Island variant or to just go ahead and respec my character that I fly with in a modified Nova (see signature). I just wanted to finish up the Borg STF so that I could give it a tractor beam without compromising on another sci ability.
Lt. Commander
# 157
07-28-2011, 05:37 PM
By the way, I don't care if it is the pownage or not. I really don't give a crap. What I do care about is having more BO slots than a tier 2 ship. They could even give me less weapon slots or a 3x2 set up, I don't care. I just want BO slots that make sense on a sci ship and I want to be able to fly it proudly at VA without wondering if I am ****ing anybody off if I try and fly it in a multiplayer setting. You see, for all the cries that PvPers might make about balancing issues. What Cryptic has gone and done with their tiered system (which doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense anyways) is that they've restricted players from flying their favorite ships in a multiplayer setting.

This game is two things. It is Star Trek. And it is a competitive video game. First and foremost though, it should be Star Trek. I understand CBS and Cryptic on very, very old ships, but the Nova, Saber, & Akira classes being where they are is all kinds of illogical.
Lt. Commander
# 158
07-28-2011, 06:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
By the way, I don't care if it is the pownage or not. I really don't give a crap. What I do care about is having more BO slots than a tier 2 ship. They could even give me less weapon slots or a 3x2 set up, I don't care. I just want BO slots that make sense on a sci ship and I want to be able to fly it proudly at VA without wondering if I am ****ing anybody off if I try and fly it in a multiplayer setting. You see, for all the cries that PvPers might make about balancing issues. What Cryptic has gone and done with their tiered system (which doesn't make a whole hell of a lot of sense anyways) is that they've restricted players from flying their favorite ships in a multiplayer setting.

This game is two things. It is Star Trek. And it is a competitive video game. First and foremost though, it should be Star Trek. I understand CBS and Cryptic on very, very old ships, but the Nova, Saber, & Akira classes being where they are is all kinds of illogical.
I agree with you completely
Lt. Commander
# 159
07-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaguy74656 View Post
I agree with you completely
I appreciate it, but all that aside, I really just want to know. If I find out that the thing is going to be a T5 Variant, I'll hold off on a respec. If not, I'll respec my char and just fly around in a t2 Nova.

However, and this is important, I think the C-Store is a sham among other things especially now since purchases have been made per character. That being said, I'll buy this ship if it is a T5 option that lets me fly around in a Nova Saucer, Aurora hull, Nova Pylons with Quasar Nacelles (absolutely beautiful). Like I said, you don't need to make it special. It doesn't need to blow up everything in sight. It can actually be somewhat inferior. Just as long as it is good enough to fly at t5 inside of things like: STFs, Fleet Actions without making people mad at me, PvP (It wouldn't be the pownage, but like the B'Rel <<- you have done this before see? , like the B'Rel, it will just make me think around it.), FE's in a multiplayer capacity. I would really love this.

If not, it's cool. It's just a bad marketing decision by you guyz that leaves my money where it is and me with a t2 ship at VA. <<--- We're both in the crapper.
Lt. Commander
# 160
07-28-2011, 07:12 PM
I've been thinking of kinds of Special Abilities that could be given to a T5 Nova Class. I've come up with three ideas I think may work.
  1. Multi-Phasic Shield Console (Engineering Console Special Ability) 0% shield bleed-through for 45 seconds, regenerates .5% Shield strength on all facings for same (22.5% shield regen over total).
  2. Synaptic Stimulator (Science Console Special Ability) gives a 3% Damage Reduction, 3% Hull Regeneration, and 3% Power regeneration bonus for 60 minutes (think of it like a Ship Tribble).
  3. Interphasic Weapon Emitters (Tactical Console Special Ability) increases Weapon Shield penetration by 5% for 15 seconds.