Lt. Commander
# 31
07-27-2011, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Powerhelm View Post
Well I was originally gonna say "I'll be a sad panda if this isn't T5" then I realized that even if it's just a skin for the T2 Nova it's still not a bad thing. It took some art time and eventually, if it's just a skin, they'll hopefully have a T5 alt of all ships thereby making this another skin for those T5 alts...

I used existing parts to say the Nova I had in game was a second refit (pretending the Rhode Island variant was a first refit)...

But god I hope it's a T5...if it were I wonder what it's console would be...it'd have to have a special power console...right?
Whatever the devs do don't make it have a skill that makes Borg vulnerable.... too many people would be ticked (not me though).
Lt. Commander
# 32
07-27-2011, 09:57 PM
I hope its not just a skin and is a different tier ( maybe with a console like the Oberth, something the devs said they'd do more of in the future). Otherwise it'd be pretty cheap to put a reskin of an already exsisting ship ingame into the C-store (It'd be like making people pay for the Venture nacelles on a galaxy class).

I really hope all the variants Capnlogan has proudly said he's been working on arn't all due for the C-store :-/
Lt. Commander
# 33
07-27-2011, 10:32 PM
If they do produce a T5 version (something I'm still very dubious on) I'm personally hoping it actually not have a strong tactical capacity. I'd rather leave the LtC bridge officer slot novelty to the Vesta-class.

I'm not as impressed with the Rhode Island's combat capabilities. It held off Negh'vars from Janeway's shuttle, sure. It caused some damage to the Negh'vars, certainly (dealing mostly shield hits is no testament of 'amazing' power). But that alone feels a poor justification to make it Tier 5. It's not like the Rhode Island dealt with the two Negh'vars as handily as the Galaxy-X did in AGT.
Lt. Commander
# 34
07-27-2011, 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
If they do produce a T5 version (something I'm still very dubious on) I'm personally hoping it actually not have a strong tactical capacity. I'd rather leave the LtC bridge officer slot novelty to the Vesta-class.

I'm not as impressed with the Rhode Island's combat capabilities. It held off Negh'vars from Janeway's shuttle, sure. It caused some damage to the Negh'vars, certainly (dealing mostly shield hits is no testament of 'amazing' power). But that alone feels a poor justification to make it Tier 5. It's not like the Rhode Island dealt with the two Negh'vars as handily as the Galaxy-X did in AGT.
Vesta isnt coming anytime remotely soon they cant get the licensing worked out.
Lt. Commander
# 35
07-27-2011, 10:39 PM
So? It's coming. The STO devs seem to want it. The creator seems to want it. It's the legal stuff being worked out that takes time. That's fine.

That's just my justification to want to save up such a Boff layout. I still don't think a LtC tac belongs on a Rhode Island.
Lt. Commander
# 36
07-27-2011, 10:44 PM
I'm in the group that wants a T5 refit for all ships, but that's beside the point.

Yes, please make the Nova a T5 refit with a LtC Tact seating.
Lt. Commander
# 37
07-27-2011, 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoberraz View Post
So? It's coming. The STO devs seem to want it. The creator seems to want it. It's the legal stuff being worked out that takes time. That's fine.

That's just my justification to want to save up such a Boff layout. I still don't think a LtC tac belongs on a Rhode Island.
sure it does because Rhode Island is a beautiful ship and Vesta is not
Lt. Commander
# 38
07-27-2011, 11:56 PM
It's being listed as a Variant, not a Retrofit.

You'll notice that the Tor'Khat is listed as a Variant of the Vor'cha. The Nimbus is listed as a Variant of the Destiny. The Imperial is listed as a Variant of the Sovereign. Etc..

See a pattern?

It's almost certainly going to be a T2 Science Vessel variant. Especially since CapnLogan said he was working on fleshing out the middle tiers of both the KDF and UFP, and we saw a couple of BoPs accidentally added to the earlier tiers in one of the initial builds of Season Four to hit Tribble.

Of course, CapnLogan also said that these ships filling out the ranks probably won't be just skins. So I'd expect an Oberth-style console in the ship which can be used on later vessels.
Lt. Commander
# 39
07-28-2011, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyJoyJoy View Post
It's being listed as a Variant, not a Retrofit.

You'll notice that the Tor'Khat is listed as a Variant of the Vor'cha. The Nimbus is listed as a Variant of the Destiny. The Imperial is listed as a Variant of the Sovereign. Etc..

See a pattern?

It's almost certainly going to be a T2 Science Vessel variant. Especially since CapnLogan said he was working on fleshing out the middle tiers of both the KDF and UFP, and we saw a couple of BoPs accidentally added to the earlier tiers in one of the initial builds of Season Four to hit Tribble.

Of course, CapnLogan also said that these ships filling out the ranks probably won't be just skins. So I'd expect an Oberth-style console in the ship which can be used on later vessels.
Bah if thats the case i think this may be the first thing from the C-Store I dont buy out of pure disgust I love the Rhode Island Variant she belongs in Tier 5
Lt. Commander
# 40
07-28-2011, 12:25 AM
Oh wow. I'm not getting my hopes up, but a T5 Nova would be fantastic. My biggest regret as a science officer is that I flew a cruiser the whole time at LtC, so I never really got to fly one of those T2 sci ships. They're so cool.