Lt. Commander
# 511
08-03-2011, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
But to be honest with you, you're the first person I've seen advocate that anyone would really want this thing. And to boot, consoles seem to be a drain on what otherwise could be items to boost stats. Maybe that is just me, but sometimes I don't necessarily like the consoles.
It's tacking on Battle Cloak to Starfleet ships - that's fairly powerful and a big change.

And charging for it, on top of that.

Congratulations, our ride down the C-store slope has now unambiguously passed pay-for-power. Yet more assurances shown to be lies.
Lt. Commander
# 512
08-03-2011, 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
It's tacking on Battle Cloak to Starfleet ships - that's fairly powerful and a big change.

And charging for it, on top of that.

Congratulations, our ride down the C-store slope has now unambiguously passed pay-for-power. Yet more assurances shown to be lies.
I am sure there will eventually be a way to buy it for Emblems, and then make it all just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 513
08-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
I am sure there will eventually be a way to buy it for Emblems, and then make it all just fine.
Ahh yes, like they were going to make the Caitian and Aenar BOs part of the DOff system... and make the fighters craftable...
Lt. Commander
# 514
08-04-2011, 12:02 AM
Quote:
Ahh yes, like they were going to make the Caitian and Aenar BOs part of the DOff system... and make the fighters craftable...
The nice thing about this is - when they finally make it happen, they can just call us doomsayers.
Lt. Commander
# 515
08-04-2011, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The nice thing about this is - when they finally make it happen, they can just call us doomsayers.
I think the bottom line would be that its unacceptable to release something potentially balance altering in the C-Store without making it available in game at the exact same time. Just look how long it took the Excelsior to finally make it to being in game purchasable.
Lt. Commander
# 516
08-04-2011, 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorko1 View Post
But to be honest with you, you're the first person I've seen advocate that anyone would really want this thing. And to boot, consoles seem to be a drain on what otherwise could be items to boost stats. Maybe that is just me, but sometimes I don't necessarily like the consoles.
Well the Console itself is a HUGE game-balance destroying joke, so I can see people springing for it (just lie FAW spammers and Peng boats). Personally, I'm not going to waste my money on it.

Intrepids don't need 2 invulnerability powers.
Lt. Commander
# 517
08-04-2011, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Well the Console itself is a HUGE game-balance destroying joke, so I can see people springing for it (just lie FAW spammers and Peng boats). Personally, I'm not going to waste my money on it.

Intrepids don't need 2 invulnerability powers.
I prefer to actually wait and see exactly what it does before I start screaming imbalance. Every time something new gets introduced into the game the PvPers start screaming balance-destroying. Carriers are going to ruin PvP! Defiant R cloaks are going to ruin PvP! Nebula's sensor array is going to ruin PvP! And so on, and so on, and so on. And then once it's out the PvPers realize it's not a big deal and they get on with their lives - waiting for the next thing to start screaming about. Wouldn't it just be better to wait and see if it's actually broken before telling us all it's broken?
Lt. Commander
# 518
08-04-2011, 07:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I prefer to actually wait and see exactly what it does before I start screaming imbalance. Every time something new gets introduced into the game the PvPers start screaming balance-destroying. Carriers are going to ruin PvP! Defiant R cloaks are going to ruin PvP! Nebula's sensor array is going to ruin PvP! And so on, and so on, and so on. And then once it's out the PvPers realize it's not a big deal and they get on with their lives - waiting for the next thing to start screaming about. Wouldn't it just be better to wait and see if it's actually broken before telling us all it's broken?
This, I honestly don't see what all the uproar is over this console/special ability. To me it looks like more of a "run-away" power if things go south.
Lt. Commander
# 519
08-04-2011, 07:14 AM
Quote:
The Oberth was released on April 21st, which on my calendar was a Thursday. The updates are in the new patch.
Well I stand corrected thks
Lt. Commander
# 520
08-04-2011, 07:18 AM
Quote:
Now see Cosmic One, We agree on this point!