Lt. Commander
# 621
08-08-2011, 08:07 AM
Regarding the Rhode Island in Endgame, it took on two Negh'vars, nobody said it had a snowball's chance in hell of winning. If I went out and took on Mike Tyson, would I by default become as tough as Mike Tyson, or would I perhaps just be... stupid? The Enterprise C "took on" rather a lot of warbirds. Nobody'd ever suggest the Ambasssador class was actually up to that task though, but those were the odds they had and the orders they were given. This does not equate to capability. In fact, all it shows is the braveness of the Captain and their crew in taking on really long odds.

Quick question, is there any downside to the Rhode Island over the regular Nova to pay for the ability so to speak?
Lt. Commander
# 622
08-08-2011, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebeneezergoode
Quick question, is there any downside to the Rhode Island over the regular Nova to pay for the ability so to speak?
No. Well, you have to pay for it, of course, while you get a token for the regular Nova. But no downsides. They are effectively introducing Tier 2, Mark 2 ships with this, and for now, only for the C-Store. Assuming the feedback doesn't lead them to change their plans.
Lt. Commander
# 623
08-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
No. Well, you have to pay for it, of course, while you get a token for the regular Nova. But no downsides. They are effectively introducing Tier 2, Mark 2 ships with this, and for now, only for the C-Store. Assuming the feedback doesn't lead them to change their plans.
Heretic's latest post indicates that they will keep it at T2 and do not have plans to change it.
Lt. Commander
# 624
08-08-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Regarding the Rhode Island in Endgame, it took on two Negh'vars, nobody said it had a snowball's chance in hell of winning. If I went out and took on Mike Tyson, would I by default become as tough as Mike Tyson, or would I perhaps just be... stupid? The Enterprise C "took on" rather a lot of warbirds. Nobody'd ever suggest the Ambasssador class was actually up to that task though, but those were the odds they had and the orders they were given. This does not equate to capability. In fact, all it shows is the braveness of the Captain and their crew in taking on really long odds.
And excellent point; and one I think far too many people seem to overlook.
Lt. Commander
# 625
08-08-2011, 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
And excellent point; and one I think far too many people seem to overlook.
Only few posters/die hard nova fans, everybody knows it.
Lt. Commander
# 626
08-08-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Well I've just had a look at it, and boy is it time to feedback.

So, if we're willing to pay for it, we can have an extra engineering console slot with an extra lieutenant science power? Tell me, how is this not going to upset the balance of PVP? Are we finally going to Pay to Win? This on top of a sub fee is frankly crass and Cryptic should be ashamed.

As for the console itself, this isn't so bad as I thought, although a 2 minute cooldown does seem a bit small. The ammount of time you're decoyed for would basicly allow a ship to be back at full health by the time it was undecoyed in PVP. This every 2 minutes would be unbalancing. Especially if several ships on the opposing side had it. To say nothing of it being yet another Fed exlusive advantage.

And at T2 this ship is OP. We have the potential for it to become a heal monster (relatively speaking, of course) in T2 PVP, and with no ingame way of aquiring it we're giving people the option to purchase an advantage. Seriously, HE2x2, ST1 and TSS1, extra engineering console etc, this ship's probably tougher than the Cruiser now.
Lt. Commander
# 627
08-08-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Well I've just had a look at it, and boy is it time to feedback.

So, if we're willing to pay for it, we can have an extra engineering console slot with an extra lieutenant science power? Tell me, how is this not going to upset the balance of PVP? Are we finally going to Pay to Win? This on top of a sub fee is frankly crass and Cryptic should be ashamed.

As for the console itself, this isn't so bad as I thought, although a 2 minute cooldown does seem a bit small. The ammount of time you're decoyed for would basicly allow a ship to be back at full health by the time it was undecoyed in PVP. This every 2 minutes would be unbalancing. Especially if several ships on the opposing side had it. To say nothing of it being yet another Fed exlusive advantage.

And at T2 this ship is OP. We have the potential for it to become a heal monster (relatively speaking, of course) in T2 PVP, and with no ingame way of aquiring it we're giving people the option to purchase an advantage. Seriously, HE2x2, ST1 and TSS1, extra engineering console etc, this ship's probably tougher than the Cruiser now.
The sad thing is this... people think that this will be isolated only to this ship. To me, its Cryptic testing the waters of how far they can go in the pay-to-win field all while serving up a fan favorite ship as a side-dish for this travesty in the process. Remember folks, this won't be the only ship waiting in the wings in the C-Store, nor is this the only tier the new ships are coming in. I like to collect ships...not balance breakers. So much for that, huh.
Lt. Commander
# 628
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
Not exactly sure how a ship that is on screen about 1 minute in 32,000 Star Trek episode minutes became such a huge "fan favorite." People must have liked Kim more then anyone thought.
Lt. Commander
# 629
08-08-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Not exactly sure how a ship that is on screen about 1 minute in 32,000 Star Trek episode minutes became such a huge "fan favorite." People must have liked Kim more then anyone thought.
And is there anything wrong with that?
Lt. Commander
# 630
08-08-2011, 07:51 PM
If I was Kim I'd be somewhat bummed. 7 years exploring the Delta Quadrant and 20 years later all they give me is command of a little Rhode Island? You'd think he'd be in command of his own Intrepid. He must have really screwed up in those intervening years somewhere.