Lt. Commander
# 11
07-28-2011, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtJohnson
Q-3. or would the NX-Retro Fit be more of a welcomed ship

NX-Retrofit: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...5388550020.jpg
I would love to see the NX-Retro Fit as a Cmdr. lvl ship. It'd be too weird to have it any higher,
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-30-2011, 05:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
I would love to see the NX-Retro Fit as a Cmdr. lvl ship. It'd be too weird to have it any higher,
I could see that working, I mean you could still fly it at VA but it would tend to go pop a lot at level content.
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-30-2011, 05:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally_Androvar
the TOS connie is 100 years newer than the NX and the connie refit is a T2 ship, i'd think it'd be wierd to have the NX refit as anything but T1 maybe 2 at a strech
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-30-2011, 05:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
the TOS connie is 100 years older than the NX and the connie refit is a T2 ship, i'd think it'd be wierd to have the NX refit as anything but T1 maybe 2 at a strech
a valid point. it comes down to the classic car feel of things. some board VA goes to the ship scrap yards and in his time off rebuilds an NX ship or a XCV and once built he takes them out for a flyby.

then the refits could be your custom car kits, like building a batmoble or a BTTF Delorean
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-30-2011, 07:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShirtJohnson
a valid point. it comes down to the classic car feel of things. some board VA goes to the ship scrap yards and in his time off rebuilds an NX ship or a XCV and once built he takes them out for a flyby.

then the refits could be your custom car kits, like building a batmoble or a BTTF Delorean
if i rebuild a delorian, with modern parts, i wouldnt expect it to out run a modern car with similar insides, beacuse it's just not very areodynamic.

sure a VA could refit one from the scrap yard, but i just dont see it taking long for an enemy VA to put it right back in the scrap yard in their modern ship. then again i dont realy see how 1 defiant class refit can take out a borg tactical cube without breaking a sweat, but that happens in game... it's kind of fun... so why not just let anything be a T5 ship, it's not that much more rediculace than the underpowered enemies or tiny planets (i think the meranda is the size of England)
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-30-2011, 08:42 AM
Quote:
the TOS connie is 100 years older than the NX and the connie refit is a T2 ship, i'd think it'd be wierd to have the NX refit as anything but T1 maybe 2 at a strech
The Connie is NOT 100 older than the NX. Enterprise takes place in the 2150's, while TOS takes places in 2260s. That makes the NX about 250 years old by STO, where as the Connie is only 150 or so.

Also, the Connie and NX are Tier 1 ships.

http://www.spidermitch.com/STO/Spide...DShipChart.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-30-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord_Vale_Cortez
The Connie is NOT 100 older than the NX. Enterprise takes place in the 2150's, while TOS takes places in 2260s. That makes the NX about 250 years old by STO, where as the Connie is only 150 or so.

Also, the Connie and NX are Tier 1 ships.

http://www.spidermitch.com/STO/Spide...DShipChart.jpg
ok so i wrote it wrong, but you knew what i ment :p

and i said the connie refit (the TOS era movies ship) was T2, it is the T2 cruser, it's not c-store.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-30-2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
ok so i wrote it wrong, but you knew what i ment :p

and i said the connie refit (the TOS era movies ship) was T2, it is the T2 cruser, it's not c-store.
*looks at the chart I provided.*

Indeed you are quite right! I missed the refit part!
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-30-2011, 09:33 AM
tis' a lovely ship captain, but in this day and age of war would she not be better served by staying in mothballs til' it's over? sorry was in rp mode still i love the ship but i don't think there would be a way to incorporate it in game right if possible i'd love to see it and as far ar retrofits the nx in game is basically a repica retrofit to me lol i know it's off topic but i'd rather see garrett's enterprise before i see a archer retrofit
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-30-2011, 09:52 AM
I think the XCV could be fun to tinker with... but honestly? I'd put it on par with the shuttles. I don't think that thing was even armed.