If you have purchased a Legacy or Starter Pack, please see this thread for instructions on how to claim your items in-game. (Please see the yellow text in the linked thread for instructions on creating a Reman.) (Not seeing your pack in-game? Please see the lime-green text in the linked thread above for information.)
If you have additional questions about the Legacy or Starter pack, please read this FAQ.
Thanks SO MUCH for all your support, and we'll see you in-game!
Given the new season, I though it'd be a good idea to give some pvp tips for anyone new to PvP.
I'll go first.
1. If you're an engineer in an escort with two Emergency Power to Shields, I suggest having your initial power levels set to 50 shields, 100 engines. Combined with emergency power to shields, your ship will be highly defended and any alpha strikes made on you will not be as effective. When you're finally ready to attack, shift power to weapons and hit the EPS transfer ability. Not only will almost instantly put power to weapons, it'll also keep you engine power levels up.
2. Target any ship that uses boarding party. Seriously, this ability is next to useless in PvP as virtually everyone has tact team which counters it.
3. If you're an escort rotating two tact teams, make sure you've got that five second vulnerability covered.
4. Don't have torpedoes on auto-fire.
5. Always keep an eye on your targets buffs and their timers.
6. When fighting cloakable opponents, keep an ear open for the sound of buffs being activated.
7. Similarly, if you see a sensor scramble probe heading your way, pre-empt it with a sci-team (unless your saving it for an SNB). As long as it hits within those 5 seconds of uptime, the scramble will be nullified.
8. It's very difficult in a busy battle, but try to keep track of when the player last cast certain abilities (like SNB). For example, if you keep track of a carriers SNB, you'll know when to keep your sci-team free for when he uses it again.
9. If you've got 3 of the 4 piece of Borg set and are in trouble, shift power to engines and shields and begin to circle. The Borg procs can actually be a pretty reliable means of healing. Great tactic against those with turrets and single cannons. Multiple DOT's can also set it off rather reliably.
10. If hit by jam sensors and there's no other real viable target, keep an eye on the bloom on your shield and try to listen for the targets engines. Doing so will enable you to keep track of the target so that when jam it wears off you've got it in your optimum firing arc. Even easier if he's using Aegis/Borg and hasn't hidden the effects.
11. If an escort, don't be afraid to hit evasive manoeuvres. It's not just there for running away, it can also help you zip around out of the targets firing arc and get them into your optimum one.
12. Where you see one Bird of Prey, always suspect there's at least another two cloaked near it.
13. At the beginning of the match check out the social window (default key is "O") to see what sort of ships you're up against.
14. Remember that devices can be changed in the middle of battle. Not important for cruisers but can be a lifesaver for an escort.
15. Unless he/she is exceptionally good, aim for cruisers with tactical captains.
16. If a sci ship is trying to face you, there's a good chance he's trying to SNB or GW/TR you.
17. Due to kinetic resists and shield tanking, torps are a rather useless weapon. A torp hitting a PvE opponent will cause about 6000 damage, while on a player tact escort with kinetic resists will cause about 2000. Given the damage energy weapons can deal, this makes torps a rather paltry weapon.
18. Target Hale.
You should always watch your targets buffs. If you weren't, well...
Sci team clears scramble after your hit (except for 3 which is broken) I think...
Escorts should save evasive for their escape, all other ships can use otherwise. Actually in an escort I recommend having 2 escapes. Deuterium burns are perfect. Good teams will hunt and kill you if you don't. Your the dps.
NO TACS IN CRUISERS!!!!!
My sci ship is always facing you, for tach beam3 twice in a minute. Bye bye.
What dude? Torps are awesome! And an intergral part of many builds. Underpowered, yes. But none the less it's burst damage when you need it.
- Protect your healers. If you see an Escort (or 2) bearing down on them, try and take some of the heat off. You're not going to be getting any support if your support ships are pinned down wasting their heals on themselves.
Originally Posted by Artificialx
19: Make sure abandon ship is nowhere on your power bar
It's kind of pathetic how many times I've hit Abandon Ship instead of SNB. And I only took it off my power bar last night.