Lt. Commander
# 1 Defiant
07-20-2011, 07:49 AM
Hello. I have noticed a few things wrong with the Defiant (my fav ship, although Voyager is a close second). The most noticeable thing happens when the ship goes to Warp. The Nacelles light up all the way down, like an Akira or Intrepid class ship. The light from the warp drive should only come out of the back of the nacelles. The light is also blinding, washing out a lot of the ship (this is due to the over-sized engines used in its construction (the first ones nearly tore themselves apart.) Also apart from the engines, the warp on all ships is too close to the camera. In the show they would go to warp and it would be a small flash in the distance to show they have enter warp.

On the interior of the Defiant there are a few things. I'm sure this has been mentioned before, but the engineering section looks really off. The section should only be at most two decks tall (I think it is only a deck and a half in the show). The warp core also looks a lot different from the one used. It should be Three blue pillars going down to a white half dome anti-matter chamber on the floor. The back of the wall has the red intermix chambers.

Also one thing I have noticed across all ships, where is the Plaque? I have been looking for it but sadly can't find it. (It would be really cool of you made one basic plaque like the show. Have the captains name, and senior staff on the plaque, then put the names of the devs on there, as well as Gene Roddenberry. would make a nice homage to him, and trek lore)

There is also some issues with the bridge and corridors, but those have been talked to death already so I'll just give a nod to them here.

For the corridor, the doors are not the normal ones on other ships. (No more image space)
One last point for this post. Could you animate the viewscreen a little, right now it looks like a painting hanging on the walls.

I understand this is a lot and the development team is working on a lot of other things right now. However if the Defiant ever gets some remodeling, these are my requests.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-26-2011, 03:44 PM
lol my browser explodes because of the pictures :p
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-26-2011, 04:18 PM
Mine too. And dude, those pandas need a room.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-26-2011, 07:49 PM
love the feedback thank you. I'll see about looking into this
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-26-2011, 07:56 PM
Ya know, come to think about it, the ability to create a custom dedication plaque for your ship would be kinda kewl.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-26-2011, 11:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sollaf View Post
On the interior of the Defiant there are a few things.
Right now, STO uses one generic interior for all ships, so you won't see any custom rooms except for the bridge. With luck, we'll someday get full interiors which are specific to the ship type, but I don't believe it's going to be any time soon.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-27-2011, 12:36 AM
ok i dare to say it...

the warp effect of the Defiant also has a nice LENS FLARE, as you see in the picture above

there was a default Dedivation Plaque in STO, but it said "USS Cryptic"... shortly after i complained about that on the Forum, the name was removed from the Plaque, the Plaque stayed, but was empty.

(i guess somebody tweaked the texture)

Lt. Commander
# 8
07-27-2011, 12:43 AM
the warp thing is annoying as heck

the engine room is a standard room but i would like a defiant style room added as an option

perhaps if you select small interior it defaults to a smaller engine room?
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-27-2011, 01:07 AM
It's hard for the devs to get the camera to work right in small areas thats why the bridges are bigger than in the shows. The one thing I REALLY want to see is the Defiant phasers available as a mission reward And yes, I hate the all blue consoles too. Hoping they will change that. I am aslo hoping they will add the tv series ship interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-27-2011, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by treky1134 View Post
It's hard for the devs to get the camera to work right in small areas thats why <snip>
outdated answer

since the TOS interior on the C-Store we all know better :p

dStahl said in an interview that the DEFAULT interior is going to get updated *next*. (no ETA)

...seriously guys, the default interior only got released with Season... 2 ? 3 ? because the Forum was pushing for a release, even if it wasn't ready.

The devs said it would get improved over time... not much has happened there until we got the awesome TOS interior (but even that could need a few improvements... like the chairs on the bridge all facing in one direction etc.)

hopefully one day there will be Replica Interiors for all the major Ships, including the Defiant.

But first i would suggest to get more functionality into the existing ones,
like Shuttlebays and Holodecks (for Mission Replay, like SFA ....and other Stuff)...
....proper LCARS + Computers *points to signature *