Lt. Commander
# 11 dont assume
07-28-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
Think about it guys, this could be because they are FINALLY rolling back our missions in preparation for putting the whole thing back online. It could mean progress.
unless a statement like that is coming out thinking on such terms is speculation and not common. nice try to give this company a pass. Their lack of communication and clear understanding of how to communicate with paying customers is their main problem
Lt. Commander
# 12
07-28-2011, 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
no one told the borg.
Ok Soda nearly went up my nose hit me just right lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
07-28-2011, 07:43 AM
Oh come on comunity you got to understand that this (the foundray) is a complex peice of tec, and when you put something brand new with something less brand new theres going to be problems, it's like putting a windows XP game on Windows 7, it's not going to work at first until you use the compatability program that's built into windows 7, give crptic a break people....jeeze
Lt. Commander
# 14
07-28-2011, 07:56 AM
Maybe they are fixing all those 30 seconds to complete emblem grind missions.

My sympathies to tthe 'real' foundry authors suffering right now. You have made some awesome stuff, and we would hate to lose you. Hang in there, please.
Lt. Commander
# 15
07-28-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maquis View Post
Oh come on comunity you got to understand that this (the foundray) is a complex peice of tec, and when you put something brand new with something less brand new theres going to be problems, it's like putting a windows XP game on Windows 7, it's not going to work at first until you use the compatability program that's built into windows 7, give crptic a break people....jeeze
Well then they should have made it comaptible BEVORE launching season 4? There is some thing called "Test server"... I believe there are even 2....
Especially if those changes destroy or damage the Foundry missions people worked HOURS and HOURS for.

Also that comparison fails on one point: If I need an piece of software that doesnt work on Win7, I simply install XP. Especially if all the Software I use doesnt work with Win7. Can we uninstall Season 4?
Lt. Commander
# 16
07-28-2011, 08:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well then they should have made it comaptible BEVORE launching season 4? There is some thing called "Test server"... I believe there are even 2....
Especially if those changes destroy or damage the Foundry missions people worked HOURS and HOURS for.

Also that comparison fails on one point: If I need an piece of software that doesnt work on Win7, I simply install XP. Especially if all the Software I use doesnt work with Win7. Can we uninstall Season 4?
Well for starters no. Rolling back to S3 would be an insane dump from everything meaning past two weeks you'd lose.

Secondly foundry has been and still is considered a beta product which in it's nature can be up down left right or wiped at anytime.

But thirdly, the biggest reason they probably put this in is so it keeps it on the launcher so people know they can't create content :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
07-28-2011, 08:29 AM
Lovely... *sighs* Well, guess I go back to hand-writing dialogue again. Who knows, maybe I'll get a better product this time.
Lt. Commander
# 18
07-28-2011, 08:34 AM
It never fails, well it fails but I don't mean the game when I say it never fails, lol. I personally wish they would make an external foundry program. If they did that at least ppl could make their custom content, save it to a foundry only format, and when the foundry is up and running, upload said content for all to enjoy. That way ppl who are creating could still share their work with other members of their teams, and still be working on content instead of waiting for Cryptic to fix what imho they broke with S4. This is for anyone that works at Cryptic, may I suggest what I just said above, an external program that works with foundry or better yet make foundry external and have an uploader / tester for your foundry content. That way ppl can still test it and you would only have to disable the upload portion. I don't get why they incorporated it into the game in the first place. It's buggy as it is, and being embedded in the game makes it possible to crash the game all together. This is just poor thought process at work, just saying. I'm an idea person, I think of all kinds of things and how to make things better, always have always will. Seems to me Cryptic's idea person fell asleep on the job and just as the boss walked in he woke up and had nothing so suggested an integrated program. So so sad. I should submit all my ideas to Cryptic, in fact we all should, oh wait they wouldn't take time to read them.
Lt. Commander
# 19
07-28-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
LOL. This is the funniest thing I've read today.
Lt. Commander
# 20
07-28-2011, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Not sure I agree. You're comparing the Foundry problems to the use of programs with different operating systems. I'm not sure that this is an effective analogy, though I could be wrong; which is the point. Cryptic haven't informed us of the problems and the extent of said problems. What people are looking for are answers. People like to be reassured and updated about something they're paying for.

Nobody is implying that Cryptic aren't working around the clock and putting in 110% effort, but on the same note, we'd appreciate it if they kept us informed. We already know that the Foundry is disabled, yet it's the only information we really have at this point. We know it may take time for the Foundry to be fixed - we'd just like to know how it's coming along.