Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
# 1 Targeting Selection Bugged!
07-28-2011, 10:36 AM
Hi!

Since the latest patch i am having an issue with my ships targeting system.

The issue is happening randomly but at least two or three times during any ship to ship engagement.

Here is how it goes:

A) I select an enemy ship using my mouse left-click.

B) I start firing when in range. I use autofiring.

C) As soon as i left-click a Bridge Officer skill in my tray ( Emergency Power To Shield or Attack Pattern Delta for exemple ) , ENEMY SHIP BECOMES UNSELECTED AND MY WEAPONS THUS STOP FIRING AT IT!

That is a really annoying problem which i never experienced last night before today's patch.
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2011, 10:57 AM
I have been doing further testing to see if the problem was related to Control options in the menu.

I believe the issue might be related to the Click Unselect Target option. I am not sure thought.

Click Unselect Target used to untarget your target when you clicked elsewhere on the screen. So maybe, maybe now, clicking a BO ability is also considered offscreen by the game so then...

Still testing... More to come.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Same issue, changed my settings to see if made a difference it didn't. This is all but ruined PvP at the moment since you can't stay on your target at all. I can only imagine what its doing to PvE at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2011, 12:31 PM
After further investigations it seems that the Click Unselects Target seemed to be causing the problem.

I have not encountered the problem anymore after having switched OFF : Click Unselects Target

Now wherever i click in my game HUD, the selected target seem to stay selected.

If the issue happens again, i will keep the thread updated.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2011, 01:02 PM
Yup, same problem too.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2011, 07:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial_Fury
I have not encountered the problem anymore after having switched OFF : Click Unselects Target.
I may try this as well. My workaround has been to slot all of my BO abilities in my personal tray. My target doesn't deselect when using powers from there.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2011, 03:19 AM
A similar report here: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho....php?p=3670506

It seems the behavior for the "Click unselects Target" option has changed.
Previously, the Bridge Officer Tray did not count for this, now it does. (The power tray itself still works as before.)

Maybe it was a change introduced when they also fixed the default size for the BO tray?
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-29-2011, 03:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celestial_Fury
After further investigations it seems that the Click Unselects Target seemed to be causing the problem.

I have not encountered the problem anymore after having switched OFF : Click Unselects Target

Now wherever i click in my game HUD, the selected target seem to stay selected.

If the issue happens again, i will keep the thread updated.
I noticed this bug last night after a patch, I was only on long enough to do the Alhena mission. I was like WTF?! I turned off the click de-selects target and that worked for me as well. Also selecting a target will stay targeted until either you select a new target or hit the ESC key.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-29-2011, 04:24 AM
Same problem on my end. I've also noticed that because of it, if a closer ship comes is in range when i hit the ability button, the darned thing targets that rather than the target i was prioritising.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-29-2011, 08:59 AM
I had this going on too, moreso my targeting reticle would just vanish, nothing targeted but there was the occasional random switching of targets some those targets not even in range. It also made it nearly impossible at some points to target myself for a heal. I double checked my targeting options and their the same as usual, assist target off, target attacker off etc etc.

I'll try what some others have said, but I dont think I have click deselects turned on, moot point though, theres still a bug and it still should be looked at, I shouldn't need to change my setup to compensate for errors in the game.