Lt. Commander
# 41
07-28-2011, 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Askray View Post
*screams and runs up to the podium*

OMG wow um this was totally unexpected.

*pulls out a piece of paper, with tears in his eyes*

I'd like to thank my mom for always being there for me, my family for backing me um creamy for being a poor DJ on SSR, Jahner for never doing anything, Tribble for being a pain in the tooshie. Oh Gotta thank Q cuz well he didn't turn me into anything last time he visited ESD...

Oh I just *tears roll down his face* Thank you Thank you!

*Walks off stage*
*Simply throws him a bottle of Meridon an beams out*
Lt. Commander
# 42
07-28-2011, 02:41 PM
I'd just like to say thanks for ruining an almost complete Terra run!
Lt. Commander
# 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJayBL View Post
it is really really ****ed up to just give 15 minutes before shutdown a message. Mo0st missions go longer than that and now all progress is gone... this is unacceptable!

While still missions are bugged, stuff is bugged, this not working, no new level cap, etc etc... how about testing it on testserver before putting everything life, so that not everytime after patch u need to make emergency maintainance.

This is as i said very sadening and should be changed asap!

It should be 60 Minutes before 1. warning,
then second warning 30 Minutes before and then last warning 15 minutes before! so there is enough time to finish business!

Thank you!
Well said there for the giving more warning... The last time they tried to bring something over and had to do emergency maintenance it took a couple of hours and most of the people that were on a run with me had to go sleep because of the sheer amount of time it took. I don't remember then that they gave us a warning though, so at least they went ahead and announced something this time.
Lt. Commander
# 44
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Atari Community Rules and Policies. ~Stormshade
Lt. Commander
# 45
07-28-2011, 02:43 PM
How do I cnange my user name?
Lt. Commander
# 46
07-28-2011, 02:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaostheoryXIII View Post
"EMERGENCY MAINTENENCE" means theres a problem you moron. Seriously, i'd rather the server go down to fix the problems than put it with it. Grow up and stop acting like a child
How ironic....
Lt. Commander
# 47
07-28-2011, 02:45 PM
I feel ignored... Someone referenced my original post, then Wishstone quotes THAT person instead of me. >.>
Lt. Commander
# 48
07-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Hi,

I have been having a problem with the HUD since yesterday. Yesterday when I was clicked on bridge officer powers in space combat I could then not click on phasers/torpedoes as the HUD still thought I was clicking in the bridge office powers box (because the ship weapons and bridge officers power HUD boxes overlap invisibly until you press F12 and can see where the HUD boxes are). Before yesterday the overlap didn't stop me from using both HUD boxes. Trying to fix this problem today (by making sure none of the HUD boxes overlap) I cannot resize or move my HUD boxes as the mouse is still performing space actions (such as panning round the ship). This is also a new problem.
Lt. Commander
# 49
07-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeJayBL View Post
it is really really ****ed up to just give 15 minutes before shutdown a message. Mo0st missions go longer than that and now all progress is gone... this is unacceptable!
This is an emergency patch. Normally you are told that the server is going down much sooner.

And how is it unacceptable that you can't finish your mission? First: you can continue it from the last map / chapter. Second: They told you that the server will go down in advance, although they could have just taken it offline without saying anything.

I for one am glad that they take the server down to patch. Even if it is "in the middle of the day" in the US. This game is buggy as hell since season 4 and there should be even more emergency patches if you ask me.
Lt. Commander
# 50 Wow
07-28-2011, 02:47 PM
People complaining and people applauding.

Fact of the matter is, to the one bellyaching about Terradome, all it takes is one server disconnect and you're still where you are now.

I appreciate Cryptic trying to make the experience better for everyone, I for one after 400 days have been plauged with newly arising issues daily. I can only hope that this will be the start of a solid build and the beginning of another good year.

It isn't helping anyone in charge of the STO server if the experience isn't totally perfect. Sure, there's bugs here and there, and my two times I tried Infected I get through the whole map and queenie takes me down multiple times, but I will be patient, I will hope that there on the horizon is a new patch that will correct all of my personal issues, which could be widespread.

Thanks for cryptic for getting this patch online asap - I can wait a few hours.. OOH, First Contact DVD is in the dvd player..
Closed Thread