Lt. Commander
# 1 Hey, Wha' Happin'?
07-28-2011, 08:02 PM
My computer went down a month to a month and a half ago. When I came back to STO, there seemed to be huge issues with the foundry. Is the mission creator down? Is there a dev post about all of this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
Long and short of it, the foundry backend team made some changes the season 4 backend team weren't aware of and it borked the whole thing. There are pots and the like around the board. Presently there is a hope that everything will be in a state that the editor can get turned back on tomorrow(friday the 29th) but thats still dependant on fixes to peoples missions, that got rather well borked up in the process.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-29-2011, 07:31 AM
Have a source on that date?
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2011, 07:37 AM
Dan Stahl in TTS(Tribble Test Server) channel last night(7/28/11). I don't have a time/text copy of it though. All of that timing is subjective to results anyways, and since every other time they have set potential timeframes it hasn't panned out 100% I am still expecting it to not happen, but remain hopeful. The backend part....comes from the...Priority 1 interview I believe?
Lt. Commander
My faith and hopes are getting dim too. I at least had 2 missions up and working, but Cryptic seems to have taken upon themselves to remove even the most popular working missions. I guess that's what we get for hanging in there and working so hard fixing them and republishing them before the Foundry went down. Basically getting more and more disgusted with the whole mess.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2011, 01:35 PM
Remove only the most popular missions? Attempting to look at things from their perspective, I believe they would want to do that *because* they are the most popular missions. Every single minute that a good mission is up and broken means a steady loss in ratings, so they would have taken down *all* of the most popular missions as they couldn't afford to take any chances, at least for the authors' sakes.

From what I'd heard, though, I could have sworn they took down *all* missions, not just the most popular ones.
Lt. Commander
# 7 Can it be fixed or not
07-29-2011, 01:46 PM
This is getting ridiculous, there have been over half a dozen patches since season 4 launched none of them fixed The Foundry. I am starting to doubt they will ever get it back. Every estimate for repair has been wrong and left us all waiting...and waiting. I know Cryptic is busy, but no more stringing us along . CAN IT BE FIXED OR NOT, JUST TELL US SOMETHING!!!
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Now the working missions apparently are back, but the broken ones are still down. Grrrr.

Please Cryptic, Get the editor and the broken missions back!
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Which is more likely: that all user missions are currently unavailable- without exception, or that Cryptic is specifically targeting certain of your missions in a conspiracy to make you look bad?
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-29-2011, 06:08 PM
I'm speaking for ALL the missions, working and broken, we want them all back! I never referred to any mission in particular and I meant no offense to anyone, and have changed the tone of my previous post to reflect that. There is no conspiracy, nor was one ever implied, just a BIG problem that should never of happened.

I have had a big event to play a lot of the missions that were MIA with friends and fleet members, and I simply reached my boiling point when they were gone without a trace again! It appears they are back now but there are still too many missions still sitting dormant that should be available to the public to enjoy

EDIT:
Monday! Hallalujah! Thanks for the good news Stormy!!

And the peasants Rejoice!