Lt. Commander
# 1 Phaser lance, phaser skill?
07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
So does anyone know for sure what affects Phaser Lance damage? Anyone done field testing with this?

I'm thinking of switching out to Antiprotons... but I'd like to keep my phaser lance useful.

That weapon acts oddly, I think people who use it regularly will agree, in that it doesn't act like a phaser much at all. Phasers, like all of the cannon/beams do best damage against shields... but the phaser lance works really only on hulls. I've been wondering if its *really* a phaser at all.

Anyone tested this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2011, 06:33 PM
Well, the beam boosting console seems to affect it a bit, so I'd think so, but I have no stock in Phasers.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2011, 07:01 PM
Seems?

Maybe I should go on tribble one of these days and do real empirical testing. Or a Dev could just tell us
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2011, 08:27 PM
I can't find it now, but there was a post stating that the lance is a set amount and nothing will affect it. Similar to the weapons on saucer separations and MVAMs.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2011, 09:48 PM
In Space, hit "P", scroll down to the phaser lance...
The description will tell you what affects it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tygerpaw View Post
I can't find it now, but there was a post stating that the lance is a set amount and nothing will affect it. Similar to the weapons on saucer separations and MVAMs.
This would make sense, and fits some of my experience with it. But lacking proper testing... ;P My money is that your exactly correct here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by breygorn View Post
In Space, hit "P", scroll down to the phaser lance...
The description will tell you what affects it.
The problem with that is, this game tends to put a lot of blatantly incorrect tips here and there. Like the million skills that supposedly effect fleet support and probably many others. Honestly, the game's internal help system is totally worthless.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-29-2011, 12:02 AM
Aha.

So, it DOES effect phaser lance damage. For sure.

If you keep beam weapons, Phaser at 9 adds about 3k damage. So... in my case, it goes from 20k to 17k.

So the in game help was right ;P
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-29-2011, 07:36 AM
http://www.stowiki.org/Ability:_Phaser_Spinal_Lance

Should tell you what you are looking for.

Honestly I use the lance as more of a mega torpedo attack, mainly as an opener on the bigger ships I'm facing, get the sheilds down and then blast away.