Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
07-29-2011, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
would any of you be shocked if i told you its not that they have a small team its that the team is working on multiple projects so you have champions, STO and never winter. this is the reason STO is buggy because they are using sto as a platform to get never winter right. this was leaked by the company executive last year when he said oh we knew we frack up on sto but its okay we have this other game that will be better.

players would be happy with quality content, just haveing new content is not the answer but content that is gear towards the mission and in your respective field can be done different ways. players want depth and function in content. not just go to a sector do some pew pew pew with a few donzon ships then go down to a planet and do some more pew pew pew then warp out after your done pewing.
It'd be a lot easier for people to buy your commentary about NWN if ... all threads about NWN weren't summarily moved or locked when that news dropped. And any that still existed weren't subject to being locked or removed for being NECRO threads if anyone tried to cite them.



Granted I remember some of the commentary you're citing. But that's because I was pretty active on the forums back then.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
would any of you be shocked if i told you its not that they have a small team its that the team is working on multiple projects so you have champions, STO and never winter. this is the reason STO is buggy because they are using sto as a platform to get never winter right. this was leaked by the company executive last year when he said oh we knew we frack up on sto but its okay we have this other game that will be better.
...and Neverwinter will be a platform used to get their next game right, most likely.

We should start a pool. How many games will Cryptic release before 2020?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
07-29-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm just bored personally, nothing to really do anymore.

Yea ground revamp, shooter mode, a few QoL stuff, still nothing to do. Shooter mode may be fun to some, but you're still doing the same thing you did before S4. I'm really looking forward to doffs, when it will happened idk. It hasn't even grazed tribble, so when will hit live. I spent a few hours yesterday relearning my toon on LOTRO, I still have my sub to City of Heroes active. Feels odd cuz I really want to dedicate myself to STO, just bored outta my mind.

Edit: A new Career would give me something to do, then I'd need one Fed and KDF side
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
07-29-2011, 12:21 PM
The way this game has been handled along with its customer base has really left a bad impression. Instead of how many games will cryptic release by 2020 its easier to guess how many of cryptics future products will I purchase: 0
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
07-29-2011, 12:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy_Blade
I'm just bored personally, nothing to really do anymore.

Yea ground revamp, shooter mode, a few QoL stuff, still nothing to do. Shooter mode may be fun to some, but you're still doing the same thing you did before S4. I'm really looking forward to doffs, when it will happened idk. It hasn't even grazed tribble, so when will hit live. I spent a few hours yesterday relearning my toon on LOTRO, I still have my sub to City of Heroes active. Feels odd cuz I really want to dedicate myself to STO, just bored outta my mind.

Edit: A new Career would give me something to do, then I'd need one Fed and KDF side
I sub to 7 MMOs and play several more FTP games. The idea that any one game can be everything is ludicrous. I can power-level a character to the new level cap in WoW in a month. I can do the same in LotRO, ***, CoH, and several other games.

There's no doubt that STO launched content-lite but even if they added 1 new mission a month, along with the FE series, you're still only talking about a couple of hours of playing time a month.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
07-29-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I sub to 7 MMOs and play several more FTP games..
Where on earth do you find the time to play 7mmo's? never mind the money...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
07-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I sub to 7 MMOs and play several more FTP games. The idea that any one game can be everything is ludicrous. I can power-level a character to the new level cap in WoW in a month. I can do the same in LotRO, ***, CoH, and several other games.

There's no doubt that STO launched content-lite but even if they added 1 new mission a month, along with the FE series, you're still only talking about a couple of hours of playing time a month.
I don't expect this game to do everything, but, it could do something.

Just planning on being more active across the board now, still some time before some xbox games I want releases. Gonna work on my Burglar on LOTRO for now
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
07-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFP-Magnis View Post
would any of you be shocked if i told you its not that they have a small team its that the team is working on multiple projects so you have champions, STO and never winter. this is the reason STO is buggy because they are using sto as a platform to get never winter right. this was leaked by the company executive last year when he said oh we knew we frack up on sto but its okay we have this other game that will be better.

players would be happy with quality content, just haveing new content is not the answer but content that is gear towards the mission and in your respective field can be done different ways. players want depth and function in content. not just go to a sector do some pew pew pew with a few donzon ships then go down to a planet and do some more pew pew pew then warp out after your done pewing.
How does that make any sense? How does taking "We made a boo boo with STO and we're using that as a platform for NW (NOT NWN it's not neverwinter nights >.>)" mean the STO team is working on CO/NW?

So... people want quality content, new missions etc that are detailed in design, but want it naow from a small team of developers.

Yep that totally will happen
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
07-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Where on earth do you find the time to play 7mmo's? never mind the money...
Multi screens, and good processors? xD
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
07-29-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
Where on earth do you find the time to play 7mmo's? never mind the money...
I'm retired and have 16 free hour a day. I can easily devote an hour a two to 3-4 games without skipping a beat on "real life" stuff.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:52 AM.