Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics
Login

Lt. Commander
What is or would be your best Boff's if you were flying a science vessel as a science captain. What would be YOUR absolute must haves from a boff, what would make a boff be a /dream/. General 'awesome' boffs for science guys thread

I've got a few ideas on what I want from my Boffs, but I'm curious what everyone else considers important, very important, generic, and the like!
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-29-2011, 01:26 PM
The Borg Eng for starters.

Abilitities for the D'kyr where I get to use 3

Eng Team, EPtS, Reverse Shield Pol II

If its on a ship like Intrepid Retro then I drop Eng Team but will be carrying HE II or even III on a Sci Boff.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-30-2011, 01:42 AM
Science Team
Hazard Emitters
Polarise Hull
Jam Sensors
Scramble Sensors

These are the ones I never leave home without. I generally don't use the offensive abilities, focussing instead on support and healing.

Consoles for Deflector Field, Hazard Systems, Sensor Array and Sensor Probes.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-01-2011, 08:15 PM
If I could (legally) use FBP 3 or CPB 3 with Gravity Well 3, I'd be one happy camper.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-04-2011, 03:48 AM
The boff of my dream is Orion, female, and naked!

does she have any useful skills? who cares???
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-04-2011, 07:10 AM
There is no one answer as it totally depends what your aim is.

I have 2 favoured Sci builds. One is a shield stripper, one is a "griefer" for lack of a better word.

There are skills that are probably part of most builds, things like Science Team, Hazard Emitters and Transfer Shield Strength, often occupying the ensign and lt slots, but for ltcmdr and above, it REALLY depends what your aim is.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-04-2011, 10:07 AM
we all dream of having an efficient BOff layout except Dassem_Ultor who seems to be on the wrong side of the internet
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-04-2011, 10:11 AM
Depends on what you want to do.

I have the following Boff skills on my tank/healer (sci/DSSV):

Tactical: Tac Team, High Yield Torpedo 2
Engineering: Emergency Power to Shields, Reverse Shield Polarity, Engineering Team
Science: Science Team, Polarize Hull, Tractor Beam, Scramble Sensors, Transfer Shield Strength, Hazard Emitters,. Gravity Well

Yes, all those team abilities work fine together, but I do have to watch which one I use. AuxtoSIF is also a nice power to have in an engineering slot. My desire to use Engineering Team is purely personal preference.

I can't be in-game, so I can't tell you my power levels, but I run high aux, lower engine power, higher shields and weapons. I'm built for team PVP, so a team healer. I don't do a great deal of DPS, but this ship isn't meant to. I do, however, do a decent amount of healing.

Must-have science abilities:

Hazard Emitters, Science Team, Polarize Hull and some sort of hold, confuse or offensive AoE, so Grav Well/Tyken's, Scramble Sensors, even Photonic Shockwave. Personal preference, Hazard Emitters 3, Grav Well 3, and/or Transfer Shield Strength 3 are superb to have.

Must have tactical ability:

Tac Team. This ability is so incredibly useful in STFs, plus it gives you and friends a nice boost to offense.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohort View Post
we all dream of having an efficient BOff layout except Dassem_Ultor who seems to be on the wrong side of the internet
Lol, in a recent study, 9 out of 10 internet users said "I'd rather be watching naked Orions!"
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-04-2011, 06:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Lol, in a recent study, 9 out of 10 internet users said "I'd rather be watching naked Orions!"
a little of topic but ok, these 9 internet users are disturbingly honist