Lt. Commander
# 1 Transphasic Torpedo question
07-28-2011, 05:15 PM
I did not even know there was a Transphasic torpedo launcher out there, that was called a rapid fire transphasic torpedo launcher. One player told me it was a bridge officer ability, sto wiki says its a launcher, so now i am confused.

What is it?
Where can i get one?
Hehe any help would be nice thanks

Oh ya one last question awhile back a dev posted that hyper impulse engines increase weapon power, he said this to explain a nerf that was coming that direction, i did not know this was true. Do hyper impulse engines increase weapon power?
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-28-2011, 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sworoth View Post
I did not even know there was a Transphasic torpedo launcher out there, that was called a rapid fire transphasic torpedo launcher. One player told me it was a bridge officer ability, sto wiki says its a launcher, so now i am confused.

What is it?
Where can i get one?

Oh ya one last question awhile back a dev posted that hyper impulse engines increase weapon power, he said this to explain a nerf that was coming that direction, i did not know this was true. Do hyper impulse engines increase weapon power?
Okay, the Rapid Fire Transphasic Torpedo launcher is indeed a launcher, not a skill. You can get it by doing the Deferi/Breen missions. I can't remember the exact mission but it is a reward for one of the earlier ones, I believe.

I believe you may be remembering a conversation about the Efficient Impulse Engines. They said they were going to nerf it because it was considered overpowered because it provided buffs to all systems, instead of just one. I'm not sure if this nerf has gone through yet. I made sure to do the mission with all of my captains before it happened so that I would have the grandfathered version. That was over two months ago now though.

Lt. Commander
# 3
07-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Quote:

What is it?
Where can i get one?
http://www.stowiki.org/Rapid_Reload_...rpedo_Launcher
http://www.stowiki.org/Mission:_Cold_Comfort

Quote:
You are probably referring to the Efficient engines Mark IV. Hyper impulse engines do not increase weapon power.

EDIT: nvm, Blackaavar beat me to it, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-28-2011, 06:15 PM
That explained both my questions, thank you for the help
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-28-2011, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackavaar View Post
I made sure to do the mission with all of my captains before it happened so that I would have the grandfathered version. That was over two months ago now though.

I just checked my characters. There are no grandfathered versions of the efficient engines. The nerf it seems was to reduce the bonus points to each system from 5 to 3.8
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-28-2011, 07:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by atatassault View Post
I just checked my characters. There are no grandfathered versions of the efficient engines. The nerf it seems was to reduce the bonus points to each system from 5 to 3.8
They are no longer bonus points to the power levels, instead they boost the corresponding efficiency skill, resulting in an even lower power bonus.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
Did you know they nerfed the engins because someone thought klingons didnt have them. In reality the klingons did BUT they nerfed it anyway
Now back on topic
Dont bother with transphasic torpedos, Quantums, Photons, and tricolibalt are the only torps worth anything. Chroniton for stratagy though.
Lt. Commander
# 8
07-28-2011, 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenMirror
Did you know they nerfed the engins because someone thought klingons didnt have them. In reality the klingons did BUT they nerfed it anyway
The primary reason for the Efficient Engine nerf was because a Mk IV engine was the *best* engine there was until a character could use the Aegis/Borg sets, and so nobody needed to swap them out until RA/BG. The reason you quoted was a secondary reason.
Lt. Commander
# 9
07-28-2011, 11:51 PM
Transphasics have 30% shield penetration compared to the 10% penetration of other torpedoes, so that makes it worthwhile to fire them even when the enemy's shields are still up, though they will always be weaker than Quantum torpedoes when the enemy's shields are down.
Lt. Commander
# 10
07-29-2011, 07:40 PM
using the Transphasic torpedoes with Antiproton weapons, seems to be doing the trick nicely.My next question. I was told that the stfs go Infected cure, and then Kittamor accords. Is this correct?
The last question i noticed in the pve quere there as not queres for stfs, did i miss something?