Lt. Commander
# 11
08-02-2011, 10:15 AM
I find that Ground on Elite is pretty easy but Space is slightly difficult.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-02-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusig View Post
I find that Ground on Elite is pretty easy but Space is slightly difficult.
I think you're about the only one who feels that way...lol
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-02-2011, 02:52 PM
Risk vs reward is what makes it a no for me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-08-2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post
I think you're about the only one who feels that way...lol
Agreed - I'm nuking the space elite missions but getting one-shot all the time on the ground ones (could be 'cause I've specced for space PvP but even so, I've got all purple XI gear - weird...)
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-08-2011, 06:49 AM
I play on Elite with teams. If you want a real challenge this is the way to go. Lots more enemies and all of them a lot harder.

I find in space it is a little more tricky these days as the enemies actually (OMG) redistribute their shields and use some abilities but it is not too difficult if your team is any good. I've had the misfortune of soloing a mission on Elite meant for a 5 man team... To my credit I managed that and did not go boom but it was intense at times.

On the ground though... LOL! Ground play goes by so fast no matter what difficulty I am on. Every engagement lasts like 5 seconds tops and the enemy is pushing up daisies.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-08-2011, 01:46 PM
Ground elite missions have gotten a load easier since season 4 came out. There are probably a few enemy factions in exploration sectors that can give you a run for your money, but most the time it's just a matter of dying a couple times while you learn their tactics.

And while purple items don't drop like rain anymore, you still get quite a few blue drops. I'd actually say ground is fairly balanced when it come to risk vs. reward now.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2011, 12:27 PM
I occasionally do it for challenge. It's also a good team-building exercise if you and a few friends have to cooperate and coordinate your attacks in order to defeat enemies. The rush-in-and-blast-away sorts of folks tend not to do quite so well on Elite difficulty.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Yes and when on Elite in Romulan space I bring friends. Those hobgoblins with their plasma weapons get some insane crits.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-12-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorth
Risk vs reward is what makes it a no for me.
I concur. Ran on Elite for awhile but it just became tedious, seeing better drops would have helped but in all the time I spent on Elite - I leveled an alt from ensign to VA - I only received two very rare drops and both were worthless to me. Hardly seemed worth the effort.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-12-2011, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capulet View Post
Yes and when on Elite in Romulan space I bring friends. Those hobgoblins with their plasma weapons get some insane crits.
Getting caught with a heavy plasma torpedo on elite with your shields down/low... it ruins your day. Gotta be careful about getting too close to those warbirds!