Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 suggestion
07-27-2011, 03:31 PM
I often hear the argument from pro C-store people that:

"yes bu the people who work on costumes dont work on game content!, so your argument in invailid!"

My suggestion is this:

Get rid of all the people working on c-store items, and spend that time and money employing people to work on in game content.

Yes, get rid of the resources creating 'fluff' and spend your money finishing the game.

The argument that c-store content is sepperate should not be an excuse for the lack of content in the game at this moment in time.

To be honest (as a lifetime subscriber) this is not such a big deal for me, but the lack of new content for new or current montly subscribers will only result in people leaving the game (and perhaps never comming back)

No I am not a hater or a troll, I want the game to suceed but with this massive gap in content, I dont see how crypics business model is suposed to work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
07-27-2011, 03:36 PM
im not sure removing a massive source of their revenue would help anyone.

less money in means they probably cant afford to keep as many devs on as a result or whatever.

so the dev for dev switch would only work if you could guarantee the increase in subs would be equal to the c-store profits they currently make.

and i quite like the c-store 'fluff' anyway.

id rather they make a ton of money from the store and then hire more people from those profits.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
07-27-2011, 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo

id rather they make a ton of money from the store and then hire more people from those profits.
I would agree wth you if I saw any evidence of them pumping such profits into the game, sadly I dont see it happening, infact I dont even know if c-store profits are going straight into the pockets of Atari.

Hence my suggestion.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
07-27-2011, 03:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
im not sure removing a massive source of their revenue would help anyone.

less money in means they probably cant afford to keep as many devs on as a result or whatever.

so the dev for dev switch would only work if you could guarantee the increase in subs would be equal to the c-store profits they currently make.

and i quite like the c-store 'fluff' anyway.

id rather they make a ton of money from the store and then hire more people from those profits.
This, unfortunately. Cryptic is far too concerned with its bottom to put more people to work on products that wont create direct and immediate revenue. However, i also like the items in the c-store, i just wish i didn't have to pay more money for it.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
07-27-2011, 03:45 PM
I could have sworn that they hired/rehired more staff in the past few months...hmmmm...I could be wrong though.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
07-27-2011, 03:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
I would agree wth you if I saw any evidence of them pumping such profits into the game, sadly I dont see it happening, infact I dont even know if c-store profits are going straight into the pockets of Atari.
i have not seen any evidence to say they dont pump it back into the game. accounts is a tricky thing at the best of time. trying to work out what money went where and when for a mmo is impossible for us to do.

forgive me if i keep it simple but im working on the more money = more stuff approach.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
07-27-2011, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuanManChu
I could have sworn that they hired/rehired more staff in the past few months...hmmmm...I could be wrong though.
at least 2 i think, then went on a hiring freeze while the whole atari/perfect world thing is sorted out.

hopefully PW pockets are deep and they will let them hire some more.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
07-27-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
I would agree wth you if I saw any evidence of them pumping such profits into the game, sadly I dont see it happening, infact I dont even know if c-store profits are going straight into the pockets of Atari.

Hence my suggestion.
And as it has been said before by DStahl, i don't have time to fine the post, he compared a starbucks shop to his dev team and that Starbucks has more people than he does. People can complai all they want, if Cryptic had a bigger team they could do more in less time and would not have this issue with content.

But the reality is that their team is small and they are doing the best they can with what they have. I can respect that since I am in a similar situation where I work.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
07-27-2011, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba
And as it has been said before by DStahl, i don't have time to fine the post, he compared a starbucks shop to his dev team and that Starbucks has more people than he does.
Well if the starbucks was willing to employ staff to re-arrange chairs while people were waiting to be served, I would be just as angry. (C-store ananlogy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
forgive me if i keep it simple but im working on the more money = more stuff approach.
I just hope you are right in this thought and the money from the c-store is going to be used to benefit the playerbase, like you said accounting is tricky so we may never know.

In regard to the other thread of magna carta and the blackmailing of the devs, I cant agree with this at all and that is not what my suggestion is about.

I know the devs read this forum and I want them to know how much they are appreciated, never such a hard working and responsive group of mmo devs have I ever come across.

My gripes are squarely pointed at the beancounters who finance the game, NOT the wonderfull and talented devs who have provided us with what is the best (if flawed due to budjet) star trek MMO to date.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
07-27-2011, 04:44 PM
it won't help STO. Cstore are the way to help dev team get enough money to make more content.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:15 PM.